3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=337)
-   -   New Member Welcome Thread (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22542)

gmd3d June 9th, 2011 07:29 AM

Re: New Member Welcome Thread

First welcome aboard.

for the face .... er McCoy from Star Trek ??

darth victor June 9th, 2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 265722)
First welcome aboard.

for the face .... er McCoy from Star Trek ??

Thanks!

Not McCoy, this TV show was from the early 80s, but he's also been in a few more recent shows.

gmd3d June 9th, 2011 07:49 AM

I will give it some thought ........no time now .....

But I suggest that you start a thread in the "On The Horizon" section with the image.
just so that this thread is not tied up.

your work will get lost in this thread :)

darth victor June 9th, 2011 08:48 AM

New thread created in "On the Horizon" - thanks :)

gmd3d June 9th, 2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darth victor (Post 265727)
New thread created in "On the Horizon" - thanks :)

thank you..... and it will be easier to find your own work later on as time passes :)

evil_genius_180 June 9th, 2011 10:11 AM

Welcome to the forums, darth victor. I see you're good with Sculptris, how are your lightsaber skills? ;)

Jabba101 July 14th, 2011 09:43 AM

Hi,

I found this forum quite by accident when searching for Star Wars themed poser models. I go by the tag "Jabba" in my artwork. I've only recently started to consider doing sci-fi art instead of pin-ups all the time. Don't get me wrong, I love my pin-ups... maybe this will develop into sci-fi pin-ups - the ultimate in having my cake and eating it ;)

I operate on a tight budget, so can't get too extravagant with the software I use... my main weapons of choice are DAZ Studio for main render with postwork done in Photoshop (I will occasionally paint from scratch in Photoshop, but vast majority start in DAZ first).

I've never done any mesh modelling, but I know a friend who has ZBrush, so who knows what the future might bring!

evil_genius_180 July 14th, 2011 09:49 AM

Welcome to the forums. :D Whether you found it by accident, were directed here or whatever, we're just glad you found it. :D

Sci-Fi pin-ups, eh? Those are cool. John Eaves does some cool Star Trek ones that he posts on his blog.

As for being on a budget, join the club. Most of us are. :lol: I use a much free and open source software as I can. BTW, if you like what ZBrush can do, check out Sculptris: http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/ All you have to do is fill out a simple (free) registration form to download the software. I've been told that it's similar to ZBrush, though I've never used ZBrush, so I don't know for certain. ;)

gmd3d July 14th, 2011 10:11 AM

Welcome aboard .... look forward to seen some models and art in the future :)

mattymanx July 28th, 2011 09:25 AM

I suppose I should post here and say hello.

Not new to 3D, just here. Mostly hang out at DA3D and DeviantART

gmd3d July 28th, 2011 10:01 AM

welcome aboard

what are your programs of choice

mattymanx July 28th, 2011 10:35 AM

DAZ Studio and LuxRender for rendering.

Everything else I have are just used as tools.

evil_genius_180 July 28th, 2011 10:46 AM

I hear you on that one. I use Wings3D for exactly one thing: the mirror modeler. I never do anything else with the program. I export meshes from trueSpace in .obj format, mirror them in Wings and save them as a .obj again and then import them back into trueSpace. That's my whole purpose for keeping Wings3D installed. :lol:

Welcome to the forums. :D

catherine3678a July 28th, 2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattymanx (Post 265992)
DAZ Studio and LuxRender for rendering.

Everything else I have are just used as tools.

Welcome!

Woodman 3D July 28th, 2011 11:16 PM

Welcome!

Neo_Hikato September 2nd, 2011 09:01 AM

Heya everyone. Names Neo, and I am both a sci-fi addict, and a modeler and animator in a way. Well, more of an animator, though I am trying my hands out with modeling. Not only that, but I am a game designer in training, wanting to make my own games and such. Glad to be here and all.

gmd3d September 2nd, 2011 09:45 AM

Welcome aboard.
Hope to see what you model in the future as modelling is more my area of interest.
as I am generally slow its all the time I have to give it and rendering is out the window.

what program do you use??

Neo_Hikato September 2nd, 2011 09:48 AM

For modeling I tend to use Wings 3D as its easier for me than things like Blender. First modeling program I learned to use at college, and I made a few things so far. Well, nothing complete, as its mainly things like heads for characters, and even so I haven't made a decent human yet. Though I am planning on training myself in that field, somehow.

gmd3d September 2nd, 2011 11:32 AM

I tried wings years ago. never got the hang of it

I donĀ“t know if there are any Wings 3D user here to help but I am looking forward to seen what you come up with :)

Neo_Hikato September 2nd, 2011 12:34 PM

Well it should be interesting. I've been planning on making models based on my own ideas for a sci-fi series, but I am getting there. I enjoy coming up with ideas for a sci-fi movie or game, game primarily. Like I said before, I enjoy writing as well, as I've been attempting my hand at a series that is my own, but this one has multiple crossovers. Either way, its fun stuff.