3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Reference Requests and Submissions (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=328)
-   -   LW 5.X conversion. (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6552)

J July 9th, 2001 05:43 PM

LW 5.X conversion.

I need a conversion of this max model to LW 5.X format. It's stevey davis's Pre tos model. and if you wanna do it don't distribute without his permission. except to me...

I only need it converted i can retexture it.

J, I removed the links for now, to keep the mesh from being ripped by non-member viewers. We don't want Steve to have any nasty suprises. :) - General Phoenix

Anybody who's interested in doing the conversion, please e-mail J using the link in his profile above, or respond in this thread.

Darrell Lawrence July 9th, 2001 08:50 PM

...uhhh Aren't you re-distributing it by posting it, even in Max form???

I am going to convert it to LW, BTW :)

Fabio July 9th, 2001 08:52 PM

ummm - isn't this technically "redistribution" ?? ;)

J July 10th, 2001 06:13 AM

#1 it was already public. If you visited the MCGI forums you'd know that.

#2 stevey doesn't care about a lightwave conversion as long as you don't hand it out without asking him first. If you want go ahead and e-mail and double check on his wishes towards a conversion.

#3. since the model is public anyway and it doesn't matter about distributing a non public model. if it was non public i'd have the respect not to ask for a conversion. You've hurt my feelings. Don't you just feel awful right now?:confused:

chrono July 10th, 2001 06:57 AM

Actually J I have to agree with WDL & Fabio on this.

Especially if one is unawaress of the specifics in the models 'readme' file. It's just using common sense.

Kenny_Z July 10th, 2001 05:16 PM

J, did you use the link that Steve provided for us in the MCGI forum? If so then technically its not redistribution since the model is from the original source and it already public domain.

Since J and Steve are from the same 3d group and J has Steve's full support I don't really see a basis of a redistribution clam. The only problem I can see is the posting of the model's link outside the mesh release forum.

Darrell Lawrence July 10th, 2001 06:08 PM

Kenny, the link was to a tripod link.

J, here's where the confusion comes from-

Quote:

and if you wanna do it don't distribute without his permission.
except to me...
You posted the link where anyone could get it to start with.

Perhaps a better way would have been to post to the forum thread where it resides at MCGI, or have people contact you for the link if they were interested, as Phoenix said in your initial post (the modified part).

Kenny_Z July 10th, 2001 07:32 PM

Steve's site is a tripod site. He distributes his models from there.

The problem is that the board Steve posted it on no longer is in use and will be taken down soon. It was a publically accessed thread. MCGI hasn't put any safe guards on our meshes as of yet.

J meant that Steve doesn't want the lightwave mesh distributed without his permission because he can't back up the claim that it was his seeing as he's a native maxer and this'll be a lightwave mesh. The max version is free to anyone who wants it.

Darrell Lawrence July 10th, 2001 07:56 PM

...hmm Kenny, your ICQ working?