3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Viewer On! (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Lohan as Wonder Woman? (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21686)

Darrell Lawrence March 26th, 2006 09:21 PM

Lohan as Wonder Woman?

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/fs/2...313954600.html

If not her, who'd you like to see in the WW role?

Dark Overlord April 2nd, 2006 03:17 PM

Just the thought of that makes me ill.

Unfortunately no prospects really come to mind from known actresses. Except maybe the actress from Lost. Evangeline Lilly or something like that.

Darrell Lawrence April 4th, 2006 11:43 AM

Meself, I think Linda Cardellini would be the best choice.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.ya...llini/mtv2.jpg

You probably know her best as Velma from the Scooby Doo movies ;)

chriscox April 5th, 2006 04:37 PM

Halle Berry. Definitely Halle Berry. Gorgeous, Oscar winning actress. What could possibly go wrong. ;)

Chris Cox

Darrell Lawrence April 5th, 2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriscox
What could possibly go wrong.

...uhhh... Catwoman. :laugh:

evil_genius_180 April 5th, 2006 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior

Yeah, that was definitely bad. If we hadn't seen Halle in that skimpy tight costume it would have been worse :drool:

I can't think of anyone right now, but Lindsey's too skinny. Wonder Woman is supposed to be an immortal warrior, not a fighting skeleton.

chriscox April 8th, 2006 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior

Are you implying the Catwoman wasn’t the greatest thing since the men’s metrosexual shopping magazine?

Seriously though, I think the Kate, Selene in Underworld, Beckinsale would make a good Wonder Woman.

Chris

evil_genius_180 April 8th, 2006 02:11 PM

I didn't even think of Kate. She seems like the best suggestion I've heard. Besides, it would be worth it just to see her in the outfit :drool:

Darrell Lawrence April 8th, 2006 07:11 PM

Actually, she's too small, hot as she is. WW is an Amazon, and better ...umm... "stacked" than Kate :D

Acadia July 18th, 2006 09:18 PM

I'm sick of seeing the same faces and names in the movies. I think someone like Jeri Ryan who played Seven of Nine on Voyager. She has the body for it, and while she's not really tall at 5'8", she looks taller. Either her or an unknown.

tiberius2134 September 8th, 2006 12:04 AM

I 'd be happy with Kate Backinsale but she'd need to hit the gym, Sarah Conner style.

morganzacd5p September 8th, 2006 06:14 AM

Morena Baccarin

Alowyn September 13th, 2006 11:09 AM

Beckinsale has already announced she won't be playing WW or be in the next Underworld movie.
Jessica Biel would be an interesting choice.

rkinsey November 15th, 2006 08:55 PM

Lohan as WW? Why that's as silly as Heath Ledger playing the Joker! Oh wait... Sheesh.

Ronintg February 6th, 2007 04:08 PM

To be honest I'd rather not see someone who is well known, or considered a "star". I'd like to see an open casting, and possibly we'd find an unknown who could fit the bill. Most choices I've heard all attractive/talented actresses, but I feel like they'd be shoehorned into the role. Like someone said in a previous post, WW is an amazon (and stacked). I'd like to see someone who embodies that.

Mamba February 11th, 2007 05:17 AM

Still upset they picked Jolie instead of Rhona Mitra for Lara Croft. Hopefullt they'll realize that LL it too ditzy to depend on. I'm not up on the current starlets but I'd jsut as soo see someone lesser known who really fits the character. The studios go for name recognition to fill the seats though so that probably won't happen. Maybe they'll get Lynda Carter to play WW's mother though. How about Scarlet Johansson with a dye job? She's certainly got the right build to fill out the costume.

Warrior Woman September 5th, 2007 02:57 PM

Okay I have two suggestions. One already mentioned. Morena Baccarin, she has the grece and the presence to pull it off beautifully the other is Lucy Lawless. She has the stature, the fighting skills and the superhero presence.

WW

Darrell Lawrence September 5th, 2007 03:03 PM

Too old.

WW needs to be kinda young for the origin story/first adventure.

evil_genius_180 September 5th, 2007 10:30 PM

Plus, she is supposed to be ageless. They should just hold a nationwide talent search like the do on a lot of these and find someone relatively unknown with the young age and acting ability to pull it off. I can't really think of too many "known" actresses that would fit the bill.

Fretslayer October 5th, 2007 09:07 AM

IF they want the movie to really work they'll follow the example set by the old 'Superman' movies with Chris Reeves.
He was an unknown actor - thus he brought no baggage to the film.
Originally they (the all knowing studio) wanted Robert Redford to play the role.
The producers fought against that becuase they KNEW that if Redford played the part, the viewers wouldn't believe in the character. They (the viewer) would sit there in the theatre and think 'Wow, look at Robert Redford fly around in that cape!' The need to 'believe' the character is 'real' is destroyed once they use a flavour of the week actor.

There are a lot of women who would take that role and make it their own - and really - hasn't Halley Berry played enough superhero characters? When the same actor plays 2 or more different superheros it (for me) kills the character. When I watch the X Men movies now I just laugh and think about that horrid 'Cat Woman' movie. LOL!
Halley Berry is to Catwoman what 'GINO' is to Godzilla. :P

Linda Cardellini cracked me up on the show 'Freaks and Geeks'. She always looked like she was 1 moment away from barfing - plus you've got to love a show that uses Joan Jett's 'Bad Reputation' as the opening theme as the cast sit and pose (badly) for yearbook photos.

trekker106 September 16th, 2008 12:13 PM

Re: Lohan as Wonder Woman?

Kate Beckinsale...hands down. Icy sweat just thinking about it.

gmd3d September 17th, 2008 05:46 AM

I think that the Wonder Woman movie has hit the brakes for now ..

evil_genius_180 September 17th, 2008 09:41 PM

One can hope, anyway. It seems that, if it's not Superman or Batman, the DC movies get canned in the pre-production stage. There was supposed to be a GL movie in the works a few years ago, it got killed in PP, same with The Flash. I don't know why they can't seem to make those movies. Warner Bros./DC is losing out on all that comic movie loot that Marvel and the various studios they use are raking in.

trekker106 September 18th, 2008 07:01 AM

Yeah, and that's a shame. With the technology they have nowadays, if you can imagine it, you can do it. I'd love to see movies of some of those great DC characters - Flash, Green Lantern - even Green Arrow (Going back to my dad's time! :laugh:

evil_genius_180 September 18th, 2008 09:19 AM

Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with Warner Bros./DC. They shouldn't have the legal issues that Marvel has had bringing their characters to the big screen (Spider-Man, for example) because they do better at giving credit where it's due in their comics than Marvel, so they know who owns the rights to what comic character. (Marvel is horrible about giving credit for its characters.) And, as I said, there's a hot comic book movie market right now and they might as well ride that train while it's there. People will eventually tire of comic book movies (not me, but other people. ;))

johnart November 14th, 2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trekker106 (Post 255270)
Kate Beckinsale...hands down. Icy sweat just thinking about it.

Yep! She's the one. Blonde Kate will be the best choice for WW.

Anyway, I grew up with Marvel comics X-men, Avengers.. etc. I can see a pattern coming in, Spiderman, Daredevil, Hulk, X-men, Punisher, Iron Man.. I think Capt. America would be next.

I would also like to see one of those crossovers coming into films.. Batman-Spiderman crossover is one of my Fave.

gmd3d November 14th, 2008 11:29 AM

JLA is supposed to be in the works..

I like the Marvel universe too ..

Excelsior