Thread: Godzilla Movies
View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #8
Mustang

In Godzilla: KOTM(King of the Monsters) Raymund Burr was very believable in his description of Godzilla's Attack on Japan, the Visual effects would always through me and I'm not one for old black and white so I recorded the movie's sound via a Karaoke Machine and listened to Burr's reports on my Radio.

If you do it during a Thunderstorm, it is unbelievable.

Godzilla 1985 was also good, it showed the Darkside of G, as opposed to such childish hsows like 'Godzilla vs. Atlantis.' where jet Jaguar guest starred. I was mad that though in it, Burr did not report on the eventsl ike in KOTM, in fact no one did. Ocassionally you heard a radio broadcast saying, "Godzilla is here! RUN, FLEE!" but the overall movie was executed nicely since it gave more realism then the good guy Godzilla phase. Gozilla is described in stages, which ones I can't quite remember but it is like the shin goji era was where he played a good guy was friendly looking. I prefer his darker times to be honest.

My favorites are,
KOTM
Godzilla vs. Biollante(sequel to 1985)
Godzilla vs. King Ghidora
Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla II & III(really cheesy though)
Godzilla, Mothra, & King Ghidora All out Monster Attack(By far the best adaptation of Godzilla, he represented the souls lost by the innocent in WWII, the Visual effects were the best out of all Godzilla films and it had a compelling story)
Godzilla vs. Gigan(yes its the good guy era, but I like thiso ne because Godzilla talked!)

Last edited by Mustang; February 13th, 2006 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: spellchecked