View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:17 AM   #16
ulimann644
Code Blue

Default Re: Space 1999 - Moon Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanArmitage View Post
Ok so I misread your post. I didn't realise that doing so would 'incite the lynch-mob' around these parts. Why exactly would the fact that I only have 7 posts here have anything to do with misreading your post? Are those that have say 100 posts less likely to misread a post? How about those with 500 posts?

Where exactly did I say that you're too stupid to know basics like this?

I made a light-hearted comment on something that I misread. You may also have missed the fact that the first line of my post was giving positive feedback.

With posts like yours I'd be surprised if they didn't contribute to the count of 5-posters on this forum that just end up becoming dormant accounts.

I'm also not just a sci-fi fan of some 30 years, as I have been an amateur astronomer for quite some time too. If my post had been malicious or ignorant perhaps I would have 'rubbed your nose in it' when I misread your post instead of making light of it. I certainly feel like you tried to 'rub my nose in it'!

BTW please don't think that because I only have 7 posts on this forum that i'm a newbie when it comes to forums, sci-fi or anything else for that matter.

UA
Wow..wow..wow... Time-out, please...

I guess that was a bad start for us both - so please let me say: mostly nothing of what you´ve insinuate to me is right. If something in my post sounds pretty negative to you, I´m sorry about that - no reason to call the "lynch-mob" to the arms...

I was totally surprised ( and also a little bit shocked ) about this reaction ´cause it was really not my intention to being disrespectful.

Also I´ve used this little man ( ) in my post and the word "serious" for that part of my post that only was 100% meant serious - for not missunderstanding this post.

Unfortunately sending and receiving the same message leads sometimes to very difficult results - so again: "Sorry that my post sounds negative to you !!"

The comment about the "5-Posts-Error" was likewise meant a little winking - and it was certainly not my intention to "rub your nose in something..."

And - yes - I´ve noticed the most important part of your first post: The positive feedback - and at this point I want to say: "Thanks for it !!" ( I´ve forgotten it in the post before - sorry for that bad manners )

I think it´s a good idea to forget the last posts of us both and I´m also ready to shake the hands with you.

P.S. BTW where exactly did I say, that you´re a newbie... ( Ok.. ok.. just a joke about sending and receiving... )
ulimann644 is offline   Reply With Quote