Thread: The Bryce zone.
View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2008, 04:12 AM   #5
Fretslayer

Default Re: The Bryce zone.

Just my opinion (after having Bryce'd for several years) but Bryce isn't that strong for starscapes - how about sharing some landscape pics? That would really show off the power of Bryce. It's really, really good at landscape footage.

BTW - Warrior said he was going to hook me up with a YouTube'ish type of code so I can share something with y'all. Now that there is a 'Bryce' page this would be the place to do it.

It's the original footage (now used as story boards) for my SciFi animated film 'The Legacy of Time'.

It's made 99% pure Bryce (the early MetaCreations version!) and the only thing in it that isn't Bryce are my P4 people.

I know it kind of sucks but it's kind of cool at the same time - and it does a good job of showing just how much horsepower you can get out of Bryce if you kick it really hard.

Just so you know Pychoderek - I'm not downing Bryce in anyway - It's what I cut my teeth on. I think Bryce is one of the best 'Welcome to the world of CG' programs out there. It's simple to use and gives awesome results.

It does however have it's limitations and what happened to me is that I hit a plateau with Bryce and only MAX and LWO were able to rescue me.