Thread: USS Endeavour
View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #13
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: USS Endeavour

My biggest gripe with Lightwave right now is that it only runs on Windows or Mac OS. I booted up my PC a while ago and Windows is giving me some stupid junk about not being genuine (which it is) and it's claiming it can't find my product key, nor will it allow me to enter it again. So, I'm running a scan disk on my desktop right now and typing this on my tablet. I can't afford Apple's overpriced computers and I don't want one anyway, so I'm stuck with the dumbest OS family on the planet. (sorry, rant over )

Anywho, yeah, the manual sucks. It doesn't even cover topics like sub-patching, which I find to be an invaluable tool. The other book I have isn't much better, because it explains everything to you VIA a series of tutorials, as opposed to giving you the info in a way that you can easily reference. I'm just glad I paid ebook price for it, as opposed to hard copy price, which is a lot higher. So, I've had to figure out a lot of things myself and using stuff I learned doing a little of Ger's Enterprise tutorial. And, of course, using Google.