View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:19 AM   #194
psycoderek

Default Re: New Member Welcome Thread

Frets, The truespace controls are very similar. Exporting is a headache and may require something like poser for finishing which is why i rekon carrara would be the best app for modelling. I'm still looking at the blender rigging and may need to import in to poser to finish anything off. As far as I know Carrara has all the apps that poser offers as standard for rigging in Daz. Truespace rigging seems simple enough but i have yet tried to complete anything for daz as most of the time I am working in Blender. The Swings and Roundabouts reference is really a throwaway comment that can be taken anywhich way it seems appropriate. Personally I rekon those members who are familliar with Daz/ poser rigging may be more qualified to give a more accurate representation of the best apps for Daz. I am going to struggle on with Blender and see what happens when i get in to rigging movable obj files.

Hope that helps clarify things.

As a post it! The Daz web site and persons more familiar with apps that work with Daz etc will give a better clue to the desired apps for modelling. Poser/ Carrara/ Hexagon etc are all great for working with Daz. I cannot vouch fully for other apps although Truespace bears many similarities with carrara 7 pro.