Old March 30th, 2009, 06:52 AM   #201
jayru
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: New Member Welcome Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
Like what program do you use
What is you fav subject for modelling etc
I tend to use 3DS Max for most of my mesh work - although if I'm just trying an idea out, or creating a "study model" od an idea I'll use Milkshape (which is what i cut my teeth on when I first started).

As for what I model... the very first thing I ever created was the Liberator from Blake's 7, which I ported over for use in the ST: Bridge Commander game (along with a few otehr ships from Blake's 7 as well). I did some higher res models of those ships, but a fire destroyed my PC, so they are gone for good. I've started meshes of ships like "The Ark" from the original Transformers cartoon, various Trek ones (including several of my own designs), a low-poly Moya from Farscape, a coloney ship from Anne McCaffrey's Dragonrider's of Pern saga... I think it's safe to say that I model what ever takes my fancy.

At the moment I have two main WIPs that my energy are going into, A take on Todd Guenther's Ingram Class, and my own Wolf Class.