View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:41 PM   #14
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: New Trek Online video series!!!

Time for a bump.

I've been visiting with some family members the last few days and my uncle sent my other uncle (who claims he's a Sci-Fi nut and a Trekkie, but I have my doubts sometimes) some of these New Voyages episodes on DVD. Anywho, my uncle who claims to be a Trekkie didn't like them that well (says he didn't like the scripts and acting but liked the special effects) so he gave them to me.

So, I just watched the first episode, In Harm's Way and I'm really impressed. For a fan film, it has great production values, not bad acting and a decent story line. It's kinda cheesy and corny, but that's how TOS is. (And the dude playing Kirk really did a good job at overacting, just like William Shatner. ) My favorite was the CGI (go figure ) which was really well done. Their models are well built, the animation is nice and fluid and the special effects are great.

So, if anybody hasn't checked this show out (and you have the internet connection) you should. I have 4 more of the New Voyages and 2 Starship Farragut episodes to watch.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote