View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #10
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Luke, Leia and Han are back...maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starship View Post
Well, I still have a HQ trilogy published in the middle of 80´s here in Brazil.
In that trillogy, Luke goes to the dark side after to fight (and loose) a combat with an emperor´s clone. So, the Dark Side lives again!
Leia and Solo was waiting twins to born, which are fundamental in the conclusion of that trillogy, helping to bring Luke back to the right side of the force and kill the Emperor´s clone.
Lando, Solo and Chewbacca haves a small participation in that trillogy, as Leia, but Luke takes a big hole acting as a "new Vader" for sometime. It is a good HQ.

The problem I see is that Carrie is to much old, as Solo, and can´t be waiting babies at his current age, which makes that trillogy I described impossible to be made without some adaptations.

There is a trillogy of books too, where the twins are older, but the history is similar. Maybe, the upcoming movies will be based upon the books.
That sounds like the Thrawn Trilogy, though it was published in the early '90s, not the '80s. I have a some fairly worn copies that I bought brand new back in the day.

In the Thrawn Trilogy, a former Imperial officer named Grand Admiral Thrawn attempts to bring the Empire back to its former glory. He enlists the aid of an insane dark Jedi, who is a clone, but not of the Emperor. He promises the clone, Joruus C'baoth, that he can have Luke as his apprentice. And, through it all, Leia is pregnant with the twins. And, of course, Luke and company prevail in the end and all is well.

That's what it sounds like you're referring to. Those are excellent books, all bestsellers here in the US. I don't know if anything was lost in translation, though. That could explain why you thought the clone was of the Emperor. Those three books were the first books published that take place after Return of the Jedi and they really kicked off everything that came after. I (and many other people) already consider them to be Episodes 7, 8 and 9. However, they probably can't be adapted due to the age of the actors. They take place only 5 years after the defeat of the Empire in ROTJ. Harrison, Carrie and Mark are too old to play Han, Leia and Luke 5 years after ROTJ. They have to go further into the future because they waited so long to make these movies.

Fun fact: the galactic capitol world Coruscant was first mentioned in the first book in the Thrawn Trilogy, Heir to the Empire. George Lucas later used that in the prequel movies, probably because it was being heavily used in the books at the time. So, he doesn't think of everything.