View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #44
Jedman67
Photoshop Wizard

Default Re: Old Films , New Films Discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
Shatner cheesy? I think not.
(meanwhile, "KHAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN" is just plain cheesy. ) Plus, he's friggin' hilarious in Airplane II: The Sequel.
the SHAT is cheesy. but awesome-cheesy! he also has great films, i felt that STVI really captured the essence of his character, for example.
And Denny Crane, Ham-extraordinare. Of course he's cheesy - its why we love him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
(even though no self respecting Vulcan would frown.)
more like a severe, emotionless stare. But on a vulcan, we call it frowning. Disbelief if he's raising an eyebrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
Well for the time the sets where not cheap "(at least not the Enterprise sets )" Star Trek was always meant to be serious and began that with The Cage.

I also will say that the only TREK film I have found weakest was the newest trek film on a few levels.
The sets were brilliant, considering the budget available (or lack thereoff). But the age shows. And the primary colors were ghastley!! brilliant for its time, but still very much a part of its time.
ST 2009 wasn't cheesy, but it was a failure. The sets were amazing, the character and plot had holes you could drive a truck through. But i would watch that again and again rather than see ST:V again :P