View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #424
tnpir4001
Master Pilot

Default Re: Star Trek: Retribution

@evil_genius: I'll do my best In 24 hours no spoiler tags will be necessary, so anyone who wants to brainstorm plot ideas for this can feel free to do so openly. I'll look forward to seeing what ideas you come up with to fit this framework...there are a lot of possibilities, but a few key questions still have to be answered:

Spoiler

1. What does Drakus want to go back in time for? Remember that he no longer has a starship, and when our heroes arrive in 2378, he's nowhere to be found, as if he's entirely vanished. Just what is he up to? Should 2378 be our final destination or do we go back even further?
2. What's happened to Reyf? Where did the evil version of him come from that we saw at the end of Retribution? Is this yet another alternate version of Garr?
3. A key part of this story will be an ethical debate over just what constitutes the "proper timeline," and who gets to decide. Ultimately, just what do you see as the "proper" timeline that we should end up with? Who should be alive, who dead? Who should have what disposition toward whom else?
4. What kind of ending would you want to see--the dawn of the 25th century, or a return to the events at the beginning of Specter, this time without an evil Braiyon Garr to mess things up? (Or both?)
tnpir4001 is offline   Reply With Quote