View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #3
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Is VFX a failing industry?

It sounds like somebody had a crappy contract. If they went into the red after doing a big movie like that, they should have charged more. I know, it's a cutthroat business and they likely try to undercut the competition when they quote prices, but you're not supposed to undercut the competition so much that you can't even pay your bills. Do you think general contractors do that? Of course they don't. (at least, not the legitimate ones)

As for actors not acknowledging stuff like that, what else is new? Especially when you consider that the group included Robert Downey, Jr., who tends to come off looking like he firmly believes that he's the center of the universe. Some actors (like him) tend to act like what they do in a movie matters and nothing else does. Though, I have to admit, that's a classless move by the Academy Awards. Their whole spiel was scripted, which means someone intentionally did that, which is bad when you consider that the whole point of giving out awards in as many categories as they do, including behind the scenes work, is to acknowledge those peoples' contributions to the films. Though, I honestly didn't notice that they did that because, at that point, I was just happy any time that Seth MacFarlane wasn't on stage.