View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM   #293
tnpir4001
Master Pilot

Default Re: Star Trek: Retribution

@Bryguy: you and I are in complete agreement about the music cue. I'll tell you a secret, I broke a cardinal rule of moviemaking for the sake of that cue--usually you have your scene first, then add score to it later...but for this scene I did the opposite. Originally this was a lot shorter, but then I had the idea to work the cue in, the scene was purposely expanded for the sole purpose of working it in. It all worked out for the better though, what we have now is a lot better than what we would've had.

As for the holodeck scene, that's the thing...I had always kind of wanted Prentice to be trying to get into Drakus' head, but I was also thinking it might be nice to get some hints about his backstory too. Getting into Drakus' head is definitely Holo Garr's territory, but his backstory seems more fitting for Ronston.

Then again we already have hints from several points that hint at previous involvement between them, and thanks to the conversation between her and Merv, we have a pretty good idea of at least part of his backstory. We've seen Prentice/Ronston tidbits a fair amount already...I guess Holo Garr would be the logical choice.

(On the subject of TNG music, anyone who hasn't heard should get the STTNG Vol 1 release from La La Land records...it includes another favorite of mine, the "Denouement/Challenge" music from TNG's second-season episode "Elementary, Dear Data")
tnpir4001 is offline   Reply With Quote