Old October 13th, 2008, 02:52 AM   #2
gmd3d
Admin

Default Re: STAR TREK GENERAL DISCUSSION

Continued
Original Post ulimann644
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
They split Captain Kirk in 2 on Star Trek and came up with Captain Picard and Commander Riker. (I know, that's not what you're talking about.)
You´re right - Meant was more three different aspects ( facets ) of the same person - even and also not even... sharing the same soul...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
no your not .. Kirk for me is the best of the captains in the Trek universe
In ST-Universe: I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
Quote:
What, no other Captain Janeway fans in the room? You've gotta admit, those bipolar tendencies made it interesting because you never knew what she was going to do next.
The role of captain janeway was a little bit to arrogant - for my taste.

UrbanArmitage
Quote:
Hehe, thanks guys. It's inevitable that sometimes people will come up with similar or even identical ideas without ever seeing each other's work. We're all individuals but sometimes we think along the same lines.

For me TOS is definately the winner. Janeway is a bit arrogant in Voyager IMHO, but I still enjoy all the different movies and series'.

I agree about the 3 chairs issue. IMHO a starship is no place for democracy amongst the leadership. It's a captain's place to take advice from his senior officers, but ultimately his/her word goes and there shouldn't be any discussion around it. The captain is after all ultimately responsible for the actions of their officers and crew.

I was watching some episodes of VOY Series 2 again yesterday and in the one episode Janeway gives the distinct impression that she is being dictated to by Chakotay and a couple of other officers about forming an alliance with the Cardassians, which as you probably know wasn't such a great idea in the first place.
UA

Taranis
Quote:
TNG bridge looked to much like a sitting room than a command and control of a starship..

Parhaps we should move this discussion to the proper thread in Viewer on.. ??
this is really for WIPs on modelling
My Blog

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote