View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2008, 02:47 AM   #1
gmd3d
Admin

POST STAR TREK GENERAL DISCUSSION

This is a new thread so we can chat about Star Trek.
The Good The Bad and the Strange. your thoughts and opinions. I will post
the key points of a chat that has started here.
http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/s...899#post255899

evil_genius_180
Quote:
Well, since you came up with it on your own, clearly never having seen that thing that ulimann644 posted, it really is original work. It's not your fault someone else came up with something similar first.
ulimann644
Quote:
True - sometimes things like this also happens when you are writing stories. I.e. I´ve had the Idea to splitt one person to three witch have the same character as the original, but being also a little bit different from person to person. After re-thinking I´ve thought: "Too bizarr - too unlogical" and never used it. Ten years later I´ve had reading a story where a professional german novell-author rejoined three persons, all a little bit different from person to person but nearly the same character, to one.

I guess the same thoughts leads often to the same results
evil_genius_180
Quote:
They split Captain Kirk in 2 on Star Trek and came up with Captain Picard and Commander Riker. (I know, that's not what you're talking about.)
Fretslayer
Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that!

LOL!
Taranis
Quote:
no your not .. Kirk for me is the best of the captains in the Trek universe
Fretslayer
Quote:
I 100% agree.
Once during an interview I was asked who my heros were... Capt. Kirk was the first answer I gave. LOL!

One of the things I really like about TOS (and one of the reasons I've set my story in that time period) is that when the Enterprise was out there doing it's thing and the s#*t was about to hit the fan - Kirk sat alone in the command chair. It was all on his head - live or die - it was on him.

In ST:TNG they have that whole 3 chair 'rule by committee' thing and I hate that.
evil_genius_180
Quote:
What, no other Captain Janeway fans in the room? You've gotta admit, those bipolar tendencies made it interesting because you never knew what she was going to do next.

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote