View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #54
gmd3d
Admin

Default Re: Building the Classic USS ENTERPRISE in Lightwave (now released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starship View Post
It´s TO MUCH generous from you, make the tut free Ger. All that time spent in doing it... a hard work, I know!
I´m not a lightwave user, but now you gave me a reason for at least try it. Knowing where the buttons are, can help me when importing/exporting from/to lightwave.

Thank you a zillion of times!!!
Your welcome Starship,

It was just over a year of work (not every day) but my mind was on it working out approaches to some parts, and starting again to make it better if I could.
Rounder tool in Lightwave can at time not work as expected as it only works on 4 sided polygons, so when I was work on the secondary hull and the 3 umbilical´s and the fantail and warp engine areas I had to pay particular attention to how the polygons are arranged.

Vertibevel or Jettobevel would have removed the need to work so much on these areas as much, but as a foundation course I thought the long road was the better one. let me know your thoughts on the tutorial

But I only wanted to build the model with lightwave from out of the box approach, in doing so I learned alot myself.

Note: that I planed the model without consideration of texturing it, it was an exercise in modelling only.

But I am looking into learning UVMAPPING and perhaps in the future I will add that to the tutorial.

I have provided a donation button on my blog if anyone wants to donate,

at the moment I am looking at another tutorial project and I will plan it accordingly.

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote