View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #82
Fretslayer

Default Re: New Member Welcome Thread

Hello new friends as well as old.

I got started doing Cg stuff back around 2,000 when a friend gave me a copy of Bryce 3D that came with his subscription to a CG magazine. I began to mess with it and fell instantly in love with CG art and animation.

From there I discovered Poser 4 and then as time went on I made the leap to MAX v8 and then LWO v9.

I'm more of an animator than a modeler although I have built some of my own items in MAX.

At this point I do most of my work with DAZ Carrara Pro 6 because it is the most intuitive modeling/animating suite I've come across. Not that it's better than others, just that it works with the way I work and allows me to concentrate on creating my art. As many of you know it's easier to create art when the tools work with you and not when you have to work with the tools.

I found this site a while back and registered because I needed a Jawa for an animation I was making. I grumbled over the 5 post rule but as you can tell by the number of my posts, I not only got over it - but I found the people here to be 1) really cool (2) really creative - and - (3) really helpful.

I am not a guru with Max or Lwo but for those of you who've posted that you use DAZ products, feel free to pick my brain if you have any questions regarding either D|S or Carrarra. I'm here because Warrior and EG180 have both taken the time to help me at one point or another. So if I can return the favor and help somebody else, I'm all over it.

Cheers to my fellow DAZaholics!