View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #1
tnpir4001
Master Pilot

Default Fan Film WIP: Star Trek: Retribution

Hi guys,

This is the first time I've really gotten involved with things around here. For anyone who doesn't know me, I very recently finished production of what I'm told is the Star Trek fan community's first complete CG fan film, Star Trek: Specter. In that project, feedback from my fellow 3D-ers proved invaluable in improving the story and visuals. If you haven't seen it, check out the Wiki for a synopsis and links to where you can see it.

Well, as the title of the thread implies, I'm starting work on the sequel, Star Trek: Retribution. So far, the primary discussion has been at another site whose name I won't mention, but I've been encouraged to seek fan involvement here as well, so I thought I'd offer up the project and see what the clientele around here might think.

Here are the first four scenes, as well as the fifth, all on YouTube.

The basic plot of Retribution is: the year 2388. It's been almost ten years since the events of Nemesis, since which the Romulans have plunged into a bloody civil war. Then, suddenly, about one year ago, the Romulan sun went supernova, with no warning and no explanation. Then, when allegations surface that a Starfleet vessel was sighted in the area just before the nova reaction began, the Romulans unite behind a call for revenge.

On the eve of a massive Romulan invasion, Starfleet learns of the rumors of their involvement, and dispatches the USS F. Scott Fitzgerald under the command of Captain Bradley Prentice to New Romulus to investigate the possibility.

But things take an unexpected turn when, while en route to New Romulus, the ghost of Dr. Braiyon Garr appears on the Fitzgerald, and warns Admiral Gaius Reyf that only death awaits him beyond the Neutral Zone, and that even if the Romulans don't kill him, Garr certainly will.

Facing an unstoppable Romulan foe on one side, and a superior officer on the other who he's certain is hiding something, it falls to Captain Prentice to prove the Federation's innocence and discern Reyf's dark secret--or everything will be lost.

Last edited by tnpir4001; January 26th, 2011 at 06:10 AM..
tnpir4001 is offline   Reply With Quote