View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2011, 01:42 AM   #7
gmd3d
Admin

Default Re: The Last Airbender movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
It got the Razzie (Oscar parody awards) for "Worst Picture" and M. Night Shyamalan got "Worst Director." (he's been on a bit of a downward spiral since "The Sixth Sense")

I saw it a while back on DVD. I thought it was just OK, not really bad but also not super special either. The acting wasn't bad, the directing could definitely have been better and the special effects were so-so. All in all, it seemed like a movie that could have been much more than it was. FYI, I've never seen the cartoons and know nothing about them, so I don't know how it compares, though I've read that it's not a good adaptation of the cartoons.
yeah .... I was not surprised.

I watch the cartoon when it was first shown and enjoyed it, it works on many levels.

they changed a few fundamental things in the film.

"like the Firebenders .... in the film they need a source .. burning wood or whatever..
but in the cartoon they don´t . they generate the energy within using chi and using their arms or legs can project the energy in a direction which becomes fire or lighting energy. "

I also found the movement to control the bending in the film slow and not quite quick enough... is a small thing but it look like the directer could not handle the visual and live action elements to make it smoother.

but that is my take on it.

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote