Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Reference Requests and Submissions
Notices
Reference Requests and Submissions Building a Spaceship and need ref? Maybe you designed something? Then pop on in here and ask about it or share it!

Old August 1st, 2005, 07:37 PM   #1
AVAI

Default Starship Interior

Hello! I'm looking for some starship interiors (not TOS) that would work in Poser Artist/4 or Shade 7. Bridge, sickbay, engineering, transporter room, corridors, cargo bays, ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :-D
Old August 8th, 2005, 01:05 AM   #2
AUDACIOUS

Hey. Avai..
Do you have a website?
I was wondering if this was for an rpg?
Old August 8th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #3
AVAI

The only web-presence I currently maintain is www.ACIDplanet.com/AVAI - it's not Star Trek related, it's dance music related. There's a ton of free downloads of my work there. This winter I will be releasing a lot of new trance tracks and a lot of stuff that is also more vocal than what I've been writing.

As for your other question, no I don't make RPGs. I've been producing independent films for a few years now, and I'm tired of having to depend so much on actors who don't devote themselves to the projects unless you pay them a lot. I looked into CG and decided that the Poser/Shade combo looked pretty good for creating 3D videos. However, I notice that most downloads from this site and many others are centered towards 3D Studio and Lightwave. I haven't looked into those, so I don't even know if you can do video or not with them. I can open 3D Studio projects in Poser (not Shade) however I can't seem to get textures to work right. I'm sure I'll get it figured out eventually, though. In the mean time, I just want to get some scenes set up and prctice with camera angles and having the characters interact with their surroundings... I've been involved in CG type 3D stuff or maybe a month now if even that? Ha, I'm such a newbie. I've been into digital audio sinse 1999, so my music is definately worth checking out! Leave me reviews if you like what you hear! Cheers!
Old August 17th, 2005, 06:07 AM   #4
xantor

X2000 has made some spaceship interior stuff for poser at the link.

Some of them are like the TOS ones but some are not.

http://x2000.rendervisions.com/

Last edited by xantor; August 17th, 2005 at 06:15 AM..
Old September 17th, 2005, 04:33 PM   #5
operact

I am interested in any poser ready prop sets (Trek related) also.
Old September 21st, 2005, 07:38 PM   #6
Trish2

Me too. I am also interested in interiors of starships/starbases modern era trek related for poser especially.
Old October 19th, 2005, 09:49 PM   #7
Kenzer

All right, try this here. Am a complete newbie to 3D rendering. I have the DAZ 3d studio and a few freebies with it. But what I am looking for I can't seem to find. Am looking for personal quarters sets. What little I have found has a problem with DAZ and don't want to work. Any help would be great.
Old October 19th, 2005, 10:08 PM   #8
Trish2

have you tried the props at www.dtemachine.com ?

I made this image using those. This was done in Poser, not DAZ Studio, so I don't know if they will work in there or not.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24799813/
edited again as it seems DA moved the image and its not appeared here

Last edited by Trish2; March 31st, 2006 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: moved image to new location
Old October 19th, 2005, 11:55 PM   #9
Kenzer

Yeah I tried www.dtemachine.com They install to Studio, BUt the folder won't open. And when it does no thumbnails are visable. There is another program I have to get for the uniform top they have. But as a few of the downloads don't need the conversion I don't want to get the program installed just to find I can't use the files.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 03:30 AM   #10
Horrace

Hello Trish. The picture that you have posted is really nice. Can you please tell me if the whole thing was made in poser?
Old October 22nd, 2005, 10:32 AM   #11
Trish2

Most of it was. The window exterior was not and I enhanced her hair in photoshop.

The nebula was a bear and a half to make... layer upon layer... but there are places that you can get free backgrounds to render over that are really nice... Renderosity has a great place for freebies and its searchable.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 04:25 AM   #12
Horrace

Thanks Trish, it's really nice. The nebula looks great, and her hair is really nice too. It's really realistic
Thank you for letting me know about Renderosity too, I'll take a look Thanks again.
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:20 PM   #13
Markus_2000
Shuttle Pilot

I'm looking for the Enterprise D bridge.
Any ideas where I can find it?
Markus_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2005, 10:54 PM   #14
FattyPants

QUESTION Blueprints?

Hello,

I've been looking for ages for blueprints of Enterprise-E interior sets. Thanks go to Seanr, whose blueprint plans I was able to download a while ago, and have gone a long ways in helping me model the bridge and sickbay sets.

However, I've looked everywhere, and I can't find the blueprints to the engineering compartment aboard the Enterprise-E. If anyone has them, I'd be really appreciative.

I know it's a stretch, but maybe someone out there can rescue me from typing "trek blueprints" in Google practically everyday for the rest of my natural life.

Old November 21st, 2005, 02:03 PM   #15
vorta03

I would like to get a hold of some good nx-01 interiors, I mostly use poser/daz studio, and also have lightwave
if anyone has an idea of were I can download some, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Dave
Old November 23rd, 2005, 10:42 PM   #16
FattyPants

Hey Dave,

There's a thread on Scifi-Meshes you might like to see.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/s...?t=15936&pp=15

Also, Sean Robertson provides excellent official set blueprints for most of the Star Trek ships, including the NX-01, on his website. He uses Lightwave too, I think. But I don't think he gives out any of his models.

He posted a link. Err, I don't know if I should post that link, seeing how it's Sean's site, so I'll just say he gives the link to the NX-01 part of his site on page 8 of the thread. He has a few blueprints there, including the bridge. Other than that, I don't know of any NX-01 interior models anywhere. Hope this helps a little, at least. On the bright side, it IS funner to make the models yourself (or try, in my case).
Old March 30th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #17
RonGC

VanishingPoint has the NX-01 bridge set in poser format, link below.
http://www.vanishingpoint.biz

Not free but not overly pricey, looks to be well done.

Ron
Old March 30th, 2006, 09:04 PM   #18
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

You folks get some good ref material (plans/blueprints, good images, etc) and post 'em here, many modelers will take on the task of modeling the stuff
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2006, 06:49 AM   #19
Trish2

As Vanishing point seems to only take paypal, I have the bridge interior you speak of in my cart at renderosity where they also sell their items. If you can't get it through renderosity, you can get it through content paradise as well. It looks like a fantastic deal.

Me, I need an Operation Center like the one from DS9.
Old March 31st, 2006, 02:51 PM   #20
vorta03

Yeah-that was a custom model John from vanishing point did for me.
was pretty cheap and did an amazing job-problem is the lighting, but that is more an issue with poser and Daz studio than the model its self.

David