Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > On The Horizon
Notices
On The Horizon Working on something? With a 2D or 3D app? Is it SF - Fantasy - Real world? Let's see it!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old January 26th, 2003, 08:22 PM   #1
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

Default Pre-TOS Valley Forge

Here's one that is still a WIP (easy to see) and has been banging around in the TOS workgroup. This is a re-vamp of my older model of this ship design by Masao. I was inspired by an updated version done by Jan Wehlack and is posted at the Starfleet Museum .

I've actually modeled in more items than the past version, the old one was fairly simple with lots of textures and bump maps. I've become less concerned about memory

Clicky Picky

"That which does not kill me simply postpones the inevitable"

My Site

My Blog
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2003, 11:39 PM   #2
meshula
Master Pilot

Really nice one Thomas! A lot of interesting detail. I have a little feedback for your -

(1) I think the deflector mount could use a little more thickness, and perhaps be a bit shorter, it gives the impression of being a very thin, simple tube. The big E had a couple of greebles planted on the side to disguise that a bit.

(2) The stove-pipe engines are a nice touch; they remind me very much of WWII era pulse jets! Once again, some greebles would help, particularly on the interior surfaces. Something possibly a bit busier than 1701?

(3) the dorsal neck connecting the saucer to engineering really gives the impression of being a squashed cylinder. I think something with flatter sides would give a less CG, more engineered look.

anyway, nice work!
meshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2003, 10:05 PM   #3
Masao

OOOOOHH! I've been looking forward to this for a while now.

Meshula: The engines are basically those of USS Bonaventure turned backwards.A very early version of this ship had multiple intercoolers at the end. Here's a sketch: http://www.starfleet-museum.org/valiant-sketch.gif