Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old March 8th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #1
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

ATTENTION Something Interesting - My Avatar

I've finally decided to have an Avatar, and it's taken me ages to decide it. I'll explain the history behind my current avatar. I come from the UK and there is an Anchor Cream advert, in it were two cows that rocked back and forth.

For some reason, I have an online movie review and I just randomly clicked on someone else's review/journal, and there was a link. I clicked it and it was "Only In Kenya" (posted earlier). So, I kept viewing their stuff, and some was weird, others were fantastic!

Then I clicked on a link for him and Bob. I watched Jelly and thought it was fantastic, and then kept on looking back, realising that this guy was the same guy who did the Anchor Cream adverts (hence my avatar looks similar to those cows). It looks fantastic, the only thing is it has orange bits here and there, because I took it from the site, so I'm going to have to remove some of the bits.

I don't think we have a policy for using someone else' pics for your own avatar. If we do, then I'll remove it, but I love it so much. It makes me smile everytime I see it, like the adverts!
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #2
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

For a 100 x 100 avatar, I don't have an issue with it. Just as long as nobody comes knocking on my e-mail addy with a sledgehammer...

I think it's hilarious myself.
General Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #3
Alex

I've been an admirer(Meaning I've been laughing my ass off) of Weebl's work for maybe a couple of years now. I think it's great he's taken off so, but I do disagree with him doing adverts on TV. He's been doing shorts for MTV for quite a while now though, Weebl 'n' Bob has had it's 5 minute slot for months.
Old March 10th, 2004, 10:57 AM   #4
moovok

I rarely watch Sky, especially MTV, so I never see those, but I've been looking at his flash stuff, and they're fantastic!

There's a link on that site, methinks, of what he did advert wise. They're similar to the Weebl n Bob stuff, except instead of Pies, its Anchor Spreadable. It's funny, trust me. If he didn't do the adverts, I would have never seen his other stuff (I LOVE JELLY by BOB!). So think of it this way, the adverts are basically getting more people to view his work (whilst also trying to sell a product).
Old March 10th, 2004, 10:58 AM   #5
moovok

http://www.sumo-dojo.com/
Old March 10th, 2004, 11:13 AM   #6
Alex

Quote:
There's a link on that site, methinks, of what he did advert wise. They're similar to the Weebl n Bob stuff, except instead of Pies, its Anchor Spreadable.
Oh, I know; I'm a UK resident too. I'm just one of those people who doesn't think that established artists becoming salespersons for big companies is right. Although this kind of overlaps with the opening of his animation company, I'm still not proud. It's like, you have your credibility and your money, there's absolutely no reason for you to start selling people food and yet, there it is.

Oddly enough Weebl made a cartoon a little while before those adverts about how cheese will ruin your life o_O
Old March 21st, 2004, 05:50 AM   #7
moovok

I actually saw that, thought that was funny, where cheese turned Bob smaller and Weebl's voice so he couldn't sing Opera.

The ones I like where he plugs things, like in his latest one, he did one about Lino (and it mentions my town - Hull!!!)