Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Reference Requests and Submissions
Notices
Reference Requests and Submissions Building a Spaceship and need ref? Maybe you designed something? Then pop on in here and ask about it or share it!

Old May 9th, 2003, 08:31 AM   #1
McCaffrey

Default Request

Alright,I need to ask if anyone would be willing to spend a little bit of time to make a 3D version of this image.

Chevron

I can do a 2D version, but I am having trouble making it look metalic and not cartoon-like. I am using Macromedia Fireworks.

If you have suggestions or are willing to take on the challenge, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

McCaffrey
Old May 9th, 2003, 08:56 AM   #2
Chris B
The Artist Formerly Known as XmESs
Quote me!

what`s that, the voyager communicator?

shouldn`t take long. any special format, or just a single image?
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2003, 09:58 AM   #3
McCaffrey

XmESs- Thanks for the reply. The chevron is one of the prototype sketches created by John Eaves for ST: Generations. It was not used, but I love the design.

Format should be jpg, png, or gif. I would love just a single image from straight above, similar in size to the attached image.

Thanks XmESs.
Old May 10th, 2003, 10:03 AM   #4
Chris B
Quote me!

well, i dislike it myself, but perhaps it is good enough for what you have in mind

http://www.dd3d.de/chevron1.jpg
Old May 10th, 2003, 02:51 PM   #5
McCaffrey

Default Great Work

XmESs Nice job, it looks great. Can I ask for a tweek or two? If not, that is totally fine!

If yes, this is what I would adjust. Make the band of silver wider, in towards the center, not added to the outer side. Also just take out the gold color between the side wings. It should be open space.

Really, if you don't have the time, or just don't want to, that is fine. Just let me know you can or can't.

I appreciate your time and efforts. If you give me your email info, I will add you to the credits page on the site it will be on.

Thanks again XmESs.

McCaffrey
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:42 PM   #6
Chris B
Quote me!

sure, i can change that - tomorrow - no problemo

no need to credit me, though. if i can help that's fine, the rest ain't important
Old May 16th, 2003, 07:40 AM   #7
Chris B
Quote me!

dang, sorry, man. i totally forgot about that.

will render up a new image with the requested changes tonight.

tierrbly sorry!
Old May 16th, 2003, 09:26 AM   #8
McCaffrey

Default NP

No Problem XmESs, I am patient man. : )
Old June 3rd, 2003, 08:18 AM   #9
MorganJ

Liked the original version, the "cartoonish" one. Would go well with a newbie's online Trek fan fiction.