Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old November 18th, 2005, 05:05 PM   #1
dekelso

Default Try Me

As I mentioned in another post, I like to use DAZ Studio instead of Poser for prototyping and quick pictures. To be honest, I'm relatively new to poser and I find DAZ Studio less intimidating. Anyway, I was playing around with the Cartoon render and did the picture above. Thought I’d share it with you. Couldn’t quite get the lightsabre blade to come out right though.
Old November 18th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #2
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekelso

As I mentioned in another post, I like to use DAZ Studio instead of Poser for prototyping and quick pictures. To be honest, I'm relatively new to poser and I find DAZ Studio less intimidating. Anyway, I was playing around with the Cartoon render and did the picture above. Thought I’d share it with you. Couldn’t quite get the lightsabre blade to come out right though.
Hi, nice pic As for lightsaber, i don't know how DAZ Studio works, but there should be some material room too, like in poser. Try putting Ambient Value to 1 and connect the texture of the blade with the ambient value. Put Reflection and Refraction also to 1
The colors of all three should be white.

Those are instructions in poser, you should see, how you get it done in daz studio, then the saber should glow, see my pic in the "on the horizon section"
Old November 19th, 2005, 12:09 AM   #3
lennier1
Shuttle Pilot

Nice.
Why don´t you simply try to fake the lightsaber blade afterwards using a 2D application? just a bright green glow followed by a saturated green one and another bright green one on top. the result is an extremely bright blade and a green glow.

Last edited by lennier1; November 21st, 2005 at 08:23 PM..
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 05:20 PM   #4
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Good suggestion. Not bad with the cartoon setting. The hair looks good.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote