Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Reference Requests and Submissions
Notices
Reference Requests and Submissions Building a Spaceship and need ref? Maybe you designed something? Then pop on in here and ask about it or share it!

Old August 9th, 2005, 09:23 AM   #31
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDACIOUS
Okay. Uhm. know where I can get my hands on a model to do the same? **smiles**
ehm, you just have to get some cloth for the model you use, which looks like the uniform - some pullover or smth
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #32
AUDACIOUS

**lol** Dude.. thats what I'm trying to tell ya..
I have no model to put any clothes on..
Care to share where I can find a "Model"? or maybe you could share one of yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0stya
ehm, you just have to get some cloth for the model you use, which looks like the uniform - some pullover or smth
Old August 12th, 2005, 06:16 PM   #33
K0stya

Quote:
**lol** Dude.. thats what I'm trying to tell ya..
I have no model to put any clothes on..
Care to share where I can find a "Model"? or maybe you could share one of yours?
ehm Michael 3 and Victoria 3 are for free at Daz - you have to have Poser of course
Old August 12th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #34
AUDACIOUS

GOT IT :thumbup:

Quote:
ehm Michael 3 and Victoria 3 are for free at Daz - you have to have Poser of course

Last edited by AUDACIOUS; August 12th, 2005 at 06:48 PM..
Old August 12th, 2005, 06:24 PM   #35
AUDACIOUS

Last edited by AUDACIOUS; August 12th, 2005 at 06:48 PM..
Old August 13th, 2005, 06:52 PM   #36
Semadar

Ok why don´t put all this in one tutorial?
Old August 14th, 2005, 09:14 AM   #37
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semadar
Ok why don´t put all this in one tutorial?
what do you want to put to a tutorial? actually
Old August 14th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #38
AUDACIOUS

Well, I know I could be wrong about this but I'm assuming the tutorial would have something to do with your thread title?
Someting like "How to put a uniform on a model"
For newbs like me. that kinda tutorial would be golden.

Quote:
what do you want to put to a tutorial? actually
Old August 15th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #39
K0stya

Quote:
Well, I know I could be wrong about this but I'm assuming the tutorial would have something to do with your thread title?
Someting like "How to put a uniform on a model"
For newbs like me. that kinda tutorial would be golden.

I also coudl be wrong about that, but it's not my thread and i'm also a newb actually. "Putting a uniform on a model" is actually not smth. i am doing here - it would be modeling a new clothing - like the one at poserworld i mentioned above.

what i am doing is just trying to change a texture on the clothing which is already there, you can find a tutorial for making textures for clothing just by using google, and i am not a pro to write a tutorial
Old August 18th, 2005, 10:03 AM   #40
Jedman67
Photoshop Wizard

HAPPY uniform

i can't seem to get any download to wrok, so i guess i have to post some work of mine. i currentl am completing a TNG style transporter room in 3d max, so if anyone can telll me where i should post this... please respond or send me an email

homerpalooza67@gmail.com

--jed ;-)
Jedman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:26 AM   #41
Halcyon

Hello all.

I'm fairly new to the 3D art world and came onto this thread after thinking of making my own avatars as one of the earlier posters had mentioned. I had thought it would be simple enough once I got Poser but things are never that simple.

Anyway, this thread has put me in the right direction as I wasn't too sure what to do with the current clothing in the Poser database and whether I can modify those. I've done a few tutorials on texture maps and hope to do a few more just to get the skills.

It's all quite still exciting despite the initial realisation of the enormity of the what I needed to learn but if I get this under control hopefully I can move to ship meshes.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:34 AM   #42
AUDACIOUS

Dude.. I didn't mean for you to think I was asking you personaly for a tutorial.. I was just trying to answer the other guys question and of course anyone can search google for tutorials but doesn't forums like this provide tutorials without you having to search the internet for them?

Quote:
I also coudl be wrong about that, but it's not my thread and i'm also a newb actually. "Putting a uniform on a model" is actually not smth. i am doing here - it would be modeling a new clothing - like the one at poserworld i mentioned above.

what i am doing is just trying to change a texture on the clothing which is already there, you can find a tutorial for making textures for clothing just by using google, and i am not a pro to write a tutorial
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:57 AM   #43
K0stya

Quote:
Dude.. I didn't mean for you to think I was asking you personaly for a tutorial.. I was just trying to answer the other guys question and of course anyone can search google for tutorials but doesn't forums like this provide tutorials without you having to search the internet for them?
i didn't mean to insult you, if you thought so, if you'Ve interpretated my words like this - then sry
Old August 24th, 2005, 07:32 AM   #44
Halcyon

Would it be altogether difficult to create a new clothes model rather than changing the texture map for one? I had been thinking of creating new uniforms for a game and was thinking of an altogether different design than the turtleneck template. As a novice, would this be really way out of my depth even if I manage to get the appropriate programs?

Thanks,
Old August 25th, 2005, 11:45 AM   #45
AVAI

I can't even figure out getting the new texture maps to work on the P4 turtleneck...!
Old August 25th, 2005, 03:06 PM   #46
Halcyon

Yes, well, I'm finding it hard to work out the turtleneck too. I tried following the turtleneck modifications on the Banshee site but since that was made for Poser 4 and I have Poser 5, it's somewhat a little different. It looks like they changed the process for changing texture and bump maps for 5. I'll have to figure that one out.
Old August 25th, 2005, 08:56 PM   #47
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
Yes, well, I'm finding it hard to work out the turtleneck too. I tried following the turtleneck modifications on the Banshee site but since that was made for Poser 4 and I have Poser 5, it's somewhat a little different. It looks like they changed the process for changing texture and bump maps for 5. I'll have to figure that one out.
it doesn't have to be THE p4 turtleneck

I am trying something with III von uzilite for V3, ths thingy suits quite well for a uniform, and it's taking shape slowly

- it's quite hard though to make the stripes look right on the shoulders

this is a poster for my pbem RPG, i am working on right now
Old September 14th, 2005, 04:52 PM   #48
Jedman67
Photoshop Wizard

HOLY SH**! how on earth can u do that??? sheesh, i'd love to get my hands on ure texture maps... *sigh* im just a mediocre Poser user, i cant get anything to look more than half decent...

however, i do have TNG female textures uploaded on this site somewhere, (i cant find the textures section), and illl try and post a link. itll only fit the Poser turtleneck, and u need to download the voyageruniform shirt from the downloads--character section first
Old September 17th, 2005, 04:40 PM   #49
operact

Have you checked out PoserWorld? Sorry it is a subscription site.
Old September 21st, 2005, 06:38 PM   #50
Trish2

Quote:
it doesn't have to be THE p4 turtleneck

I am trying something with III von uzilite for V3, ths thingy suits quite well for a uniform, and it's taking shape slowly
- it's quite hard though to make the stripes look right on the shoulders

this is a poster for my pbem RPG, i am working on right now
Man... I just spent the last two days working on a texture for V3's Tunic then planned to work one for M3's tunic. Now I just have to think of 4 more relevant posts. I suppose when I get time I can show you guys a render with the texture I made... though I don't think its anything compared to this. What's been killing me is trying to make pips and a communicator pin prop.

I'm guessing they are already here. *sigh*
Old September 28th, 2005, 01:23 PM   #51
Jedman67
Photoshop Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish2
Man... I just spent the last two days working on a texture for V3's Tunic then planned to work one for M3's tunic. Now I just have to think of 4 more relevant posts. I suppose when I get time I can show you guys a render with the texture I made... though I don't think its anything compared to this. What's been killing me is trying to make pips and a communicator pin prop.

I'm guessing they are already here. *sigh*

there is a plugin that will morph any Poser clothing to fit any model of the same gender [poser wardrobe maybe? i cant remember the name. google it.] (i.e. p4 female clothes to fit V3).
u can get pips and voyager/DS9 style commbadge's at http://www.dtemachine.com/

--jedman

btw, u can just reply to this post with insignificant updates or a thank u and u will have 3 more posts 2 go.
Old September 29th, 2005, 05:32 AM   #52
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedman67
there is a plugin that will morph any Poser clothing to fit any model of the same gender [poser wardrobe maybe? i cant remember the name. google it.] (i.e. p4 female clothes to fit V3).
hmm, i tried such progs but it didn't work quite well out, ok, perhaps i don't know how to use them properly

Quote:
u can get pips and voyager/DS9 style commbadge's at http://www.dtemachine.com/
Yeah, that's a very nice site, i'm using all the insignia and props from there all the time. it's a pity, that the guy doesn't put the interiors to download

here is a little update on the uniform texture for III turtleneck (V3)

it's a little bit postworked to close little holes, but on the hole, that's how it is at the moment. There are still some problems on shoulders and forearms though
Old September 29th, 2005, 06:57 AM   #53
Trish2

That's very nice. How do you get the lines on the shoulder to fall straight? Also what antennae are you using? Here are two images. Both are using Victoria and the V3 Tunic. One has the male morph... only problem is the V3 Tunic does not... so... I used breast size 1 at a setting of 1.3 to get the flat chest and raised what little was there up and went into negative numbers on the cleavage. It has to be fiddled with a bit.

Now on the Engineer there's no post work, on the Andorian I did post work to drop the starscene into the background and I painted on the hair. For the backgrounds of these images I used this site: http://x2000.rendervisions.com/

At the bottom of the page there's a bunch of free stuff. Most of it is pretty good

Last edited by Trish2; November 10th, 2005 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: moved location of images shown here
Old September 29th, 2005, 06:51 PM   #54
K0stya

The lines go straight if you just paint your lines just on the lines of the template gitter.

The antennaes and the both stirn morphes (not seen in the pic cause of the hair, but they are there) are all the 3 at renderosity free stuff - > search for draconian (artist) or just for andorian

nice uniforms you did though too
Old October 2nd, 2005, 10:02 AM   #55
tooie32

Nice work on the uniform K0stya I was wondering if you can send a copy to for my V3 charactors This will mean alot to me.

Nice job on the andorian by the way.
Old October 6th, 2005, 10:41 AM   #56
treklord

3 D CGI FREE Alternative to Poser - Daz

At Daz3D.com, you can get DAZ STUDIO for FREE, as well as the base figures for Victoria, Michael, Aiko and some others objects. DAZ is compatible with Poser 4, and can handle Poser files.
Old October 6th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #57
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooie32
Nice work on the uniform K0stya I was wondering if you can send a copy to for my V3 charactors This will mean alot to me.

Nice job on the andorian by the way.
Thanks. I can only send you my texture, cause it's no uniform but a turtleneck

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1222 - this one
Old October 12th, 2005, 05:34 PM   #58
tooie32

ok thanks just the textures are fine I can get the item you linked once I have money.

Thanks
Old October 22nd, 2005, 05:26 PM   #59
jhmorris8541

Good discussion here. Thanks for the info.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 05:34 PM   #60
jhmorris8541

Nice fan fic site. Keep up the good work.