Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Reference Requests and Submissions
Notices
Reference Requests and Submissions Building a Spaceship and need ref? Maybe you designed something? Then pop on in here and ask about it or share it!

Old February 5th, 2001, 01:58 PM   #1
McC
I have always been here.

Default Modelling the Steamrunner

Any tips?

-Ryan

------------------
MC3D II is coming...
McC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2001, 09:42 PM   #2
chrono

That your time and get LOTS of references.
Don't use anybody elses model as reference beside I've yet to see a correct Steamrunner done. I think the ST magazine is supposed to be drawing up blueprints for it soon.

SFA's is done wrong according the the 3rdedition ST enc. And Dan Hurlings is too personalized. Hell even the CGI model used for the show shots is lame looking!

I'd start with the nacelles first, the secondary/deflector hull second, and the saucer last do to it's complexity.

Hell I'm still working on mine! Got stuck on the saucer 'fangs'

chrono
Old February 6th, 2001, 07:30 AM   #3
McC
I have always been here.

Well, I agree about the other models not being accurate. However, I d/led the SFA model last night and figured out how I can do the saucer. Theirs is wrong all over the place, but I see how they did their saucer (or at least how it looks like they did it), and I can modify that to the correct version.

Thanks

------------------
MC3D II is coming...
McC is offline   Reply With Quote