Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old January 10th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #1
thedirector1971

Default Superman V

Ok so they didn't ask Tom Welling to star, I can deal. And the casting of Kevin Spacey as Luthor is a great pick. I'm not so sure about Lois? And the teaser trailer gave me chills. So why am I so worried that it's going to suck. We've had two great Superman films and two that sucked ass. Your thoughts. Oh and the flying effects looked great, but I have a feeling the film is going to have a definate bad CG look , kinda like Daredevil.
Old April 21st, 2006, 10:50 PM   #2
jf3000
Shuttle Pilot

I live in Sydney, and have seen some of the cast and what they are doing, and also out out Fox Studios, believe me, what I have seen so far, is utterly amazing. And with todays effects, im sure the CG will be something to look forward too.
jf3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 11:00 PM   #3
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I don't know how I missed this thread before, but it doesn't matter. First, Daredevil had more of a wirefighting look than CGI. Second, all of the old Superman movies were great. Yes, even IV, where he fought Nuclear Man. And, to wrap things up, I don't care who plays him and who plays any of the other characters, I'm there. I'm a pretty big Superman freak.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 07:01 AM   #4
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Chris Reeve will always be Superman for me, but DAMN! Brandon Routh looks a heck of a lot like Chris in a few shots. And Bryan Singer has my vote of confidence with this new movie.

Everything I've seen or heard so far is truly amazing.

Fans of 1 and 2? Then look forward to some suprises in 5 that directly relate to 1 and 2
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2006, 01:40 PM   #5
gmd3d
Admin

I read the news and seen a few pics .. but Superman is the one film I am looking forward to this year
Warrior you right on about the looks of Chris and Brandon ..

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2006, 11:34 PM   #6
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Well, I always thought Christopher Reeve looked just like Superman from the comics, so it's good to hear the new guy looks a lot like Chris. I'll have to check out the photos and whatnot.

And, hearing that Bryan Singer is directing, I'm even more there than before.
Old April 23rd, 2006, 01:04 AM   #7
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

One thing that bugs me and I thought of it while I was going through the production photos for this movie. Why is Lex Luthor always bald? In the comics he had red hair. It was thinning, but it was there. Then he started wearing a Kryptonite ring and the rest fell out. So, why does he always start out bald in the movies and shows? It was the radiation from the Kryptonite that made the rest of his hair fall out.

Edit: I made it further down the photos and I have to say I'm not a big fan of the new S-suit. I can take the darker red, but the "S" emblem on his chest is too small and too 3D. And, what's up with the little "S" emblem on his belt?

On a more nostalgic note, Skeletor and Cyclops are in this movie

Last edited by evil_genius_180; April 23rd, 2006 at 01:36 AM..
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #8
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Well... I've started my preparations for the movie

I ordered these today-

"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #9
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I got Firewall from Netflix yesterday and it had previews for all of the old Superman stuff on DVD and also a (way too short, even for a teaser) trailer for the new movie.
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #10
gmd3d
Admin

I am so looking forward to this film ....

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 05:21 AM   #11
F1Racer

Cannot wait for this movie either. As Warrior said, Reeve is still Superman. He just has that total look of Superman. Face, build, height etc. Routh has big shoes to fill here and I hope he can pull it off.
And yeah, Spacey looks like a great pick for Luthor.

BTW, anyone seen the cool Sandman CGI in the Spider-man 3 trailor ? Its brief but awesome.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 10:11 AM   #12
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I've heard mixed reviews on the movie, but I plan to judge for myself when I finally get around to seeing it. One thing's for sure, the special effects will be sweet. You can tell that by the previews and the fact that Bryan Singer directed it.

I hear it's almost a direct sequel to Superman 2, not Superman 4. In fact, I think they're pretending Superman 3 & 4 didn't happen, which sucks, but that's apparently the way they went. I was hoping they'd start the series over the way Batman Begins did, but I guess that was hoping for too much. I guess that means Lex still doesn't get to be the respected businessman/arch nemesis that he was in the comics.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:37 PM   #13
morganzacd5p

I saw it and liked it. Had a few good twists that will thake things in a new direction I think.
Old November 15th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #14
rkinsey

Spacey was fantastic as Luthor. Routh's Clark was so much like Chris', it was a tad scary. What did you think of what they did with Lois?