Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old June 30th, 2003, 09:22 AM   #1
Hito
Kokujin no samurai

Default Big Doctor Who news

Quote:
Source:Aint it cool news

* Sick of waiting for the BBC to get off their arse and greenlight a DOCTOR WHO series with Paul McGann (I know I’m ****ing sick of waiting)? Andrew Merkelbach (of, coincidentally, Merkelbach Films) is about to make a feature film called (wait for it) DOCTOR WHO: DRAMAS OF THE ALTERNATE. We wish Merkelbach the best in his endeavour, and assure him that despite not granting him the rights, the BBC is very unlikely to pursue legal action. *Cough*!!!

Quote:
Source:Aint it cool news

Who DR. WHO?
Hey folks, Harry here... Indeed it is true, my new British TV show got underway yesterday on SKY MOVIES, but I haven't seen it, cuz I live in the United States which doesn't have SKY MOVIES, so instead I have to hear how bad I suck from folks in just about every other country on the planet, but my own. Hell, friends in New Zealand can watch it, but not me. Not that I'd watch me anyway... ANYWAY... Not sure if this BBC DR WHO thing is a TV thing or a Film thing or possibly both. DR. WHO has long been attempting to get off the ground now. Whether on film or TV, here's the latest...
Hi Harry,

Great site, can't believe I missed your new show on Sky this Saturday, you actually looked quite scary in the adverts.

FYI, British newspaper the Sunday Express reported that a certain Mr Shane Richie (actor, presenter, comedian, cockney, Man Utd supporter?!) is in talks with the BBC to play Dr Who! I take it that Paul McGann is out of the picture then.

Shane has been a TV presenter for years - think Wheel of Fortune, the Price is Right etc - and not particularly highly thought of. However, in the last few months, he has joined the cast of our most popular soap Eastenders, and showed personality and actual acting ability. He is fast becoming a national institution over here, you can't help but love his funny & charming character Alfie.

I had heard a while ago that he was throwing his hat into the ring for Dr Who, and his new found celebrity maybe just the thing to resurrect the series.

Heres hoping!

A year ago I would never have believed that I would be rooting for Shane Richie to be Dr Who.

The only quote is from one of Shane's colleagues -

"Shane is so pleased. He's always loved Dr Who and watched it as a youngster."

If you use this, call me Chorlton.

Cheers matey.
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2003, 10:37 AM   #2
Kai
Victorian Engineer

NO
NO NOT THAT B********

I'd rather see Doctor Who dead than have shane ****ing ritchie as the doc!!! I hope the Beeb sue for they are worth!!!

actor ?? NOT
presenter = Pain in the ass
comedian as a genital wart
cockney BULL!!! as a londoner I can tell you he ain't no cockney! Man Utd supporter...says it all...
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote