Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old October 6th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #1
AJGoodwin

Default Production builds for Vigilance Project

The first one out of the grinder is the Magellan Science and Research Vessel. While the Valor and Vigilance are technically done, the are not completely textured yet. A mini teaser will be ready within about to weeks, and a full action/CGI composite teaser in about one-two months. The videos will be linked here as they are produced.

The roids in this image still irritate me, so I need to fix that.

http://www.racingsnail.net/gallery/m...?album=7&pos=1
Old October 10th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #2
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

It's a bit hard to see the actual ship amongst all the asteroids. Could be the lighting as well. Can you post an image without the rocks?
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #3
AJGoodwin

I'll see what I can do when I get home tonight, I will make some non backdrop images. I still need to reduce and redo the roids one of these days anyway.
Old October 12th, 2005, 07:16 AM   #4
AJGoodwin

http://www.racingsnail.net/gallery/m...?album=7&pos=0

I know the roids are still there and there is an issue with the clarity and brightness of the images on non - LCD monitors below the 1:600 contrast ratios. But, this is an update on the scene being generated. The roids in the newer sequence have been adjsuted, this image is from last night, I have newer images to post, just can not do it from work.

The colors of the ship in the foreground have also been changed from this image... the colors in the linked image look way too much "Peace Keeper" from FarScape - that had to be done away with.
Old October 12th, 2005, 09:41 AM   #5
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Looks better. I would still like to see different angles to be able to get a better appreciation of the ship.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 09:50 AM   #6
AJGoodwin

Will put together a multi-view this evening with no backdrop and post it.
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:31 PM   #7
Kenzer

Looks good. Have to agree tho with the different angles. Can't wait to see more.
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:33 PM   #8
AJGoodwin

I will post the requested images by at least 11/22 - that is my deadline for what I am working on... To keep people wondering... At that time the Vigilance Project Teaser will be done and that will be posted too.

http://www.racingsnail.net/gallery/m...?album=7&pos=3

Last edited by AJGoodwin; October 30th, 2005 at 09:03 PM..