Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old October 21st, 2004, 08:07 PM   #1
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

HAPPY Mothers Always Leave Marks On The World

From thread http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/s...t=21081&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfalconet
Oct 19th Evaluate Your Life Day

I am not leaving a mark on this world that will be remembered by generations to come. So my life seems empty, futile, and meaningless from this point of view----depressing.

Because I don't like being depressed, I have chosen a different viewpoint; that of my ancestors...
Mom, with those words, you are so full of it that MY eyes were brown when I was born!

You've done things in your life time that have definitly left a mark on the world. You mentioned yuor ancestors. *I* think your (and thus my) ancestors would be PROUD of you in everyway possible.

Let's start with the job you had before retiring.

This was a job aimed at public assistance. You helped people *each and everyday*. Your job was a positive one in their lives. Certainly others could do the job, and do so now after you retired. But the FACT remains that YOU chose to do that job for as long as you did.

Tell the people you helped out... perfect strangers, that you never made a difference in their lives. If they're honest, they'll tell you that you're wrong. You DID make a difference.

Now let's kick gears and look at your marks on the world in the realm of family.

WHO took care of your step-siblings while they were growing up? Who played the big sister to them? Who was positive to them?

You could have taken a very negative attitude towards them and not cared one iota about them. BUT THAT'S NOT YOU!

Regardless of what you may think, and they may not show/say it, but you had a positive influence on their lives.

Now to your children. These are the biggest marks a person ever leaves in the world. What type of children have you raised? Good/bad? Positive/negative?

I lean towards the good/positive.

I'll use one son (my brother) as an example. You, mom, will know exactly of who I refer

My brother coaches high school football, year in and year out. He himself has never had a son, much less a son that played on the teams he coached. Most parents will only coach sports teams their kids play on. Not my brother.

The influence he's had on the kids through the years is immeassuarable.

Why does he coach a football team that he has no kids on? The answer is simple: TO have a possitive influence, as well as do somethign he loves.

Where did that get instilled into him? From the person that raised him of course.

Our mother.

Then there is your grandchildren, three of which are just coming of age to start leaving THEIR marks on the world.

If it wasn't for YOU, myself, my sister and brothers would not have existed. There'd be no grandchildren. Their future is unknown. IF they leave a world-wide mark on the world, it'll be because of you leaving your mark on the world.

So Mom... leave a mark on the world? I say to thee: Aye, that you have done... in a very positive way.

And for being the person that you are, you have me that loves you for it.

Your son who loves you,

Darrell
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 10:20 PM   #2
dfalconet

Thank you Darrell. I just don't know how to respond to this.........Mom

Last edited by dfalconet; October 22nd, 2004 at 01:12 PM..
Old October 22nd, 2004, 02:31 AM   #3
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

I don't think you need to, apart from saying thank you. Awww... mother and son.... I do agree with him, you've told me a bit about you and your life, you've done a lot, a lot most people would never do.
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2004, 02:58 AM   #4
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

HAPPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfalconet
I just don't know how to respond to this.........Mom
You don't need to
Old October 22nd, 2004, 08:38 AM   #5
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Let the lovefest begin. However sappy that was, I agree. Mothers leave a large mark on the world via the children promulgate out into the world.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2004, 12:19 PM   #6
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Sappy? Why you... *THWACK!*

...hmmm That felt good... haven't thwacked anyone here in a while *L*
Old October 25th, 2004, 06:34 AM   #7
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

Hey! Watch it you mad thwacker! Man. One would think that after hanging around for 5 years I would thwack proof.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote