Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old February 13th, 2003, 12:45 PM   #1
Thomas P
TOS Gladiator Manager

Default Free 3D Apps

From time-to-time there arises the question on entry level and free versions of 3D software. Well, as often is said, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch - but...

There are available programs that can create quality work or, at the very least, allow would be 3D artists to get some experience. To that I offer this.

For those who are interested keep an eye out for either 3D World or Computer Arts magazines. Unfortunately I do not subscribe (shame on me) but do buy these with tremendous regularity. Due to the fact these are British mags, I am about 2 months behind in release.

The current (US) version of the Computer Arts Magazine,
Winter Edition 2002, includes LightWave Discovery. This is a student license version of the product that will limit the size of the project and watermarks the renders - but it is free. You can also order this from NewTek.

Again, 3D World has TrueSpace 3 complete and the lastest (US) issue has a new tutorial that is much better than the last.

It would be nice to get feedback from anyone who has tried Discovery or acquired it through the Magazine.

"That which does not kill me simply postpones the inevitable"

My Site

My Blog
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote