Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old December 6th, 2010, 07:25 AM   #1
gmd3d
Admin

Default Star Trek favourite Soundtreks :)

Recently I found a great post over at http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/
run by Doug Drexler a star trek designer and contribute for many years.

This is from one of my favourite STAR TREK TNG stories , plot is below and this signature tune is very good . up there with the approach of Kirk back to the Enterprise in Star Trek TMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=606Vk2iSFNk

and on the THEREMIN an interesting electronic instrument

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XQN9XDnRm4

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have
Quote:
Plot

On Stardate 45944.1, the Enterprise has just finished a magnetic wave survey of the Parvenium System, when they encounter an unknown probe which scans the ship and sends an energy beam to Captain Picard, rendering him unconscious. Picard wakes up to find himself on the surface of Kataan, a non-Federation planet; A woman identifies herself as his wife, Eline, telling Picard that he is Kamin, an iron weaver recovering from a feverish sickness. Picard talks of his past memories on the Enterprise, but Eline and their close friend Batai, convince Picard that his memories were only dreams, and acclimate him into their society as Kamin. Picard begins living out his life as Kamin in the village of Ressik, starting a family with Eline, and learning to play the flute.[notes 1] As the years pass in Kamin's life, he begins to notice that the planet is suffering a worldwide drought due to increased radiation from the planet's sun. He sends reports to the planet's leaders, who seem to ignore his concerns.

Years pass and Kamin grows old, outliving his wife. Kataan's sun continues to raise the temperature of the planet toward a level beyond what life can tolerate. One day, while playing with his grandson, Kamin is summoned by his adult children to watch the launch of a missile. As he walks outside into the glaring sunlight, Kamin sees Eline and Batai, as young as when he first saw them. They explain that he's already seen the missile; he saw it just before he came there. Knowing that their planet was doomed, the planet's leaders placed the memories of their culture into a probe and launched it into space, in the hope that it would find someone who could tell others about their species. As he watches the probe launch aboard the missile, Picard suddenly recalls his earlier life aboard the Enterprise.

Picard wakes up on the bridge of the Enterprise to discover that only 25 minutes have passed. While he was unconscious, the crew of the Enterprise tracked the probe's course back to a scorched and desolate planet whose sun went nova 1,000 years previously. The now inactive probe is brought aboard the Enterprise and the crew finds a small box within it. A somber Riker gives the box to Picard who opens it to find Kamin's flute. Picard, now adept at the instrument, plays the melody he learned during his life as Kamin.

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #2
celticarchie

Default Re: Star Trek favourite Soundtreks :)

I always thought they should have used The Inner Light as Picard's theme in more meaningful TNG movies than were actually made.

Old December 28th, 2010, 08:02 AM   #3
gmd3d
Admin

Default Re: Star Trek favourite Soundtreks :)

yeah .. I think your right ... I listen to this one a lot...

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote