Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old February 14th, 2004, 11:18 PM   #1
Kakaze

ANGRY Angel Canceled

They canceled Angel! THE ****ERS! They should all be killed!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3462

Quote:
The WB Cancels Angel
Source: The WB
Friday, February 13, 2004

The WB announced today that Angel won't be back for a sixth season. The news comes on the heels of the network airing the 100th episode of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off starring David Boreanaz. The WB issued a statement early in order to give the show's creators time to wrap up the season appropriately.

"For the last seven years 'Angel' and 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' have been cornerstones of our network. The sum total of the work done on those shows has produced some of the proudest moments in our history," said the network.

"Like some of the great series that are leaving the air this year, including 'Frasier' and 'Friends,' the cast, crew, writers and producers of 'Angel' deserve to be able to wrap up the series in a way befitting a classic television series and that is why we went to Joss to let him know that this would be the last year of the series on The WB."

The cancellation might not be the end of Angel altogether though. "We have discussed continuing the 'Angel' legacy with special movie events next year, which is still on the table," said The WB. "In a perfect world, all of these details would be completed before this information went to the press so that we could be definitive about the show's ongoing future. But in any case, we did not want to contemplate this being the last year of 'Angel' without giving the show the option of crafting their own destiny for this character and for this series."

The network also praised Boreanaz, cast and crew. "David Boreanaz continues to be one of the finest, classiest and friendliest actors we have had the pleasure to work with and we hope that the relationship furthers from here. The same can be said for all the actors and producers on the show."

There are still nine episodes left in this, now last, season of Angel.
Old February 14th, 2004, 11:43 PM   #2
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

Yup - I personally think the news sucks. However, there might be hope that UPN will swoop in and save the show like they did for Buffy a few years back.

What really annoys me is that they cancel well-written and intricately-plotted shows like "Angel" and "Karen Sisko" while they air things like "The Littlest Groom" and "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee." I'm starting to think that it's time for a new network with a set of cajones to step up and start airing good shows, like FOX did back in the 80's. I, for one, have had my fill of "Reality Programming" - if I wanted to deal with reality, I wouldn't own a television in the first place...
General Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2004, 06:20 AM   #3
scaramanga
Flight Instructor

Now now now, nothing lasts forever
Time for something new and better I'dd say
scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2004, 01:09 PM   #4
Kakaze

Quote:
Originally posted by General Phoenix
What really annoys me is that they cancel well-written and intricately-plotted shows like "Angel" and "Karen Sisko" while they air things like "The Littlest Groom" and "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee."
That seems only to be a plague of Fox and ABC. The WB will probably just throw another Dawson's Creek clone into Angel's time slot.

And speaking of Fox, Boston Public hasn't been on for the last 2 weeks so they could show an Adult Spelling bee and "When Animals Attract: Mates" which I couldn' believe was sponsored by National Geographic.

They already canceled Luis and Wanda at Large (which had good ratings when it first premiered in the summer). Two to one BP is gone this year. I think Fox puts shows on Friday when they don't want to deal with them anymore.
Old February 15th, 2004, 01:52 PM   #5
sess-mess

Default Re: Angel Canceled

Angel sucked after he killed of the blonde policewoman in favour of that whore. And cordelia went evil and gave birth to a black woman with whom he fell in love...

*sigh* it started out so well! and got so bad afterwards.

And what happened to the prophecy of the Powers in the first season, where the powers told him he'd get completely human for all his work one day?
Old February 15th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #6
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

I'll miss Angel (have yet to see Season Four - though it comes out soon on DVD). It had its ups and its downs, but it was great! UPN will hopefully swoop in and let it run till seven seasons, with an option to increase. But ending it so soon to the end of the series is nasty! NASTY WB!!!
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2004, 08:05 PM   #7
Kakaze

Default Re: Re: Angel Canceled

Quote:
Originally posted by sess-mess
Angel sucked after he killed of the blonde policewoman in favour of that whore. And cordelia went evil and gave birth to a black woman with whom he fell in love...

*sigh* it started out so well! and got so bad afterwards.

And what happened to the prophecy of the Powers in the first season, where the powers told him he'd get completely human for all his work one day?
Y'all need to let us know which ****ing one of you is speaking.

Anyway, the prophecy said that a vampire with a soul would become human. So it's a tossup right now between Angel and Spike. Since this will be the last season, they'll probably build up to it now.
Old February 16th, 2004, 04:19 AM   #8
sess-mess

Chris, do you honestly think I would reply to a thread about a tv show like angel?

c
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:37 PM   #9
Kakaze

Sweetie, I haven't talked to you in how long? In that time you seem to've completely changed. How am I to know what you'd reply to anymore?