Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old January 13th, 2003, 05:24 PM   #1
Mike

Default UPN likely to slay Buffy?

Moonves, the head of Viacom, is making it sound like this is the end for Buffy.

Quote:
While the NX-01 looks certain to return for further adventures next season, Buffy The Vampire Slayer's days could be numbered. "I wouldn't bet that it comes back, but it's possible," Moonves said. Buffy jumped ship from the WB in April 2001 when UPN offered to pay a license fee of $2.3 million per episode. But the genre series has also taken a ratings hit this season, which means the network won't be outlaying more cash to ensure an eighth season. "We won't pay more than we're paying now. That I won't do."
For the full article, go here.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/130103_02.shtml
Old January 15th, 2003, 01:47 PM   #2
Dark Overlord

From all the rumors and rumblings, Buffy is likely dead at the end of this season.
A pity since they have made an effort to regain some of the ground they lost on a very depressing 6th season.

I'll certainly hate to see it go, but all good things must come to an end sometime, and Buffy did get a 7 season run.
Old January 15th, 2003, 10:23 PM   #3
Hito
Kokujin no samurai

Default Buffy's not dead yet. Again.

Quote:
Source: BBC

Network executives have been speculating about Buffy's future, following continued hints that Sarah Michelle Gellar will not renew her contract at the end of Season Seven.

Speaking at the Television Critics winter press tour, CBS President Leslie Moonves (who also oversees Buffy's current US home, UPN) told reporters that he's been having talks with the show's producer, Twentieth Century Television:

"One possibility is [that Sarah] comes back, one possibility is she comes back a couple of times, one possibility is we do a spin-off," he said. "Another possibility is that we have a brand new show on Tuesday at 8 o'clock."

"We've been in discussions with Joss Whedon and 20th Century Fox, and we're talking about a wide range of different possibilities," added Dawn Ostroff, UPN president of entertainment. "We don't have anything to announce yet, but we're talking about a lot of different things."

Some UK news sources have taken this to mean that the show is definitely cancelled, which it isn't. We rang our Buffy contacts at Twentieth Century Fox in Los Angeles, who were unaware of any firm decision to axe the show.

Look's like the ball is firmly in Sarah Michelle Gellar's court on this one.

Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2003, 10:23 PM   #4
captmiloman

There's been talk of continuing the series without SMG, but it won't be the same without her involvment. I've also seen reports that Ms. Hannigan is ready to move on as well. Seven seasons is a good run for a show that was spun off from a box office flop.
Old February 12th, 2003, 08:03 PM   #5
lordoftime
Tardis Jockey

It's possible that with Angel ending as well, Angel might receive his "reward" (becoming human), and that Buffy and Angel may go off to live happily ever after. Rumors are flying around about Angel appearing in the final episode of Buffy.

I am looking forward to "Ripper", and the proposed "Faith" series.
lordoftime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2003, 08:17 PM   #6
Kakaze

God I hope not. Angel and Buffy suck. I want Angel and Cordy to get together, and I want the show to go on for several more years!