Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old February 24th, 2007, 12:28 PM   #1
captainkirk

Default Nemesis ending

Which do you think was better? The deleted ending or the one used in the movie? IMO the deleted one was more interesting.
Old February 24th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #2
morganzacd5p

I did kinda like meeting the new first officer. And it was a much better ending for Riker. More his style
Old February 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #3
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I don't like the deleted ending. I'm glad it was deleted. It's interesting, though, how that deleted command chair made it to the NX-01 220 years in the past. Must've been a time warp involved somewhere.
Old February 24th, 2007, 11:56 PM   #4
captainkirk

I found the ending they used a bit boring, the deleted one was more interesting, I liked the chair with the seatbelt.
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #5
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

The one they used was just all right, I'd have scrapped both and done something different, but that's just me. I thought the deleted one was really corny. One thing that pissed me off about the ending (no matter which one you used) is that they kept talking about the U.S.S. Titan all through the movie and Riker left for the Titan at the end but we never saw the Titan. That sucked.
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #6
captainkirk

What I wonder is why he accepted the command, he's been offered several starships but never takes them.
Old February 25th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #7
etwtewtew

Getting too old to be a first officer, not to mention Jonathan Frakes is getting too old to play the character
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #8
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Nothing's worse than the series ender for Enterprise when Johnathan and Marina are pretending they're 10 years younger, like they were in the TNG episode that was supposed to be from. As for why he took a command, it's not like he has a TV show contract or anything (the real reason Riker never took a command, it would've taken him off the show.) Plus, since it's supposed to be the last TNG movie, they don't have to try to bring Riker back, like they keep doing with Worf. Though Nemesis really didn't make sense, as Worf was supposed to become the new Klingon ambassador after leaving DS9 (and presumably leaving Starfleet.)
Old February 26th, 2007, 03:20 AM   #9
gmd3d
Admin

had no idea there was a deleted ending ???

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 05:00 AM   #10
Kai
Victorian Engineer

shame they did'nt delete the beginning. and the middle. and both endings.. (it was a steaming pile of crap)
The shakes become a warning
It is by Caffiene alone I set my mind in Motion
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 05:57 AM   #11
captainkirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180
the real reason Riker never took a command, it would've taken him off the show.
Could also be that the ships they offered him like the Melbourne were destroyed.
Old March 4th, 2007, 09:20 AM   #12
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yes, but the first ship he was offered command of wasn't. Or the second. The Melbourne was the third. Also, Shelby mentions at the end of The Best of Both Worlds, Part 2 that Riker could probably have his choice of commands in the fleet rebuild. He just really loved the Enterprise and its crew was his family.
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #13
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai
shame they did'nt delete the beginning. and the middle. and both endings.. (it was a steaming pile of crap)
Couldn't agree more
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #14
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I like Nemesis. Granted, it's not The Voyage Home or anything (all-time best, IMO) but it's certainly not the worst I've seen. I like it better than ST5.
Old March 4th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #15
morganzacd5p

Well, hopefully ST 11 will turn things around... Kinda hoping they'll bull a Batman Begins and just start it fresh. Dont get me wrong... I love almost everything that has happened so far, been setting aside time to catch the remastered TOS even. But some times you ust got to call in an air strike and start over. Worked for battlestar.
Old March 4th, 2007, 09:00 PM   #16
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

My problem with ST 10: Nemisis was this-

The main villian was promoted as being on par with Kahn. He wasn't even close. Then there was the Data sub plot. Boring and predictable.

I found only two highlights of the film I liked. Danatra and the "E" crashing into the Romulan ship.

As for ST XI... why do they need to use Kirk, etc for a prequel? My gawd.... no one is Kirk other than Shatner. No one is Spock other than Nimoy.

Use other characters. Make it a Pike story.
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:59 PM   #17
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

I want to know, in Nemesis, why did that old picture of that young Picard from Starfleet Academy not have hair? I know they just used that guy that was playing the clone, but they could've stuck a rug on him if they'd already shaved his head. Picard had hair when he brought Jack Crusher's body back to Beverly and we've seen enough Starfleet Academy stuff on screen and in games to know they don't have to shave their heads. So, where was his hair? Was Picard on a rebellious streak and shaved his head to be cool?

As for ST11, I don't think they know if they're going with Kirk yet. As far as I know, they don't even have a plot hammered out yet. And we all know those guys at StarTrek.com don't know what's going on at Paramount. I think they "leak" before every movie that it's going to be TOS, just to get people interested. Besides, the Kirk / Spock thing was a Berman thing and they canned him for having stupid ideas.
Old March 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM   #18
Ghostrider114
Shuttle Pilot

I personally thought that the alternate ending was better written, but the final one was a better ending for the movie.
Ghostrider114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM   #19
captainkirk

I think ST XI should be a Voyager movie.
Old March 9th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #20
morganzacd5p

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk

How???
Old March 9th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #21
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
What's the movie supposed to be about? The ship gets lost again? I missed most of Voyager because of scheduling conflicts, but I know the ship made it home at the end.
Old March 9th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #22
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Quote:
*screams and runs in terror*
Old March 9th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #23
captainkirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180
What's the movie supposed to be about? The ship gets lost again?
I'm sure there are plenty of stories that could be used for a Voyager movie, unfortunately, they want a TOS prequel instead.
Old March 9th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #24
morganzacd5p

They had one... Enterprise. (Bad Joke... very bad joke)

Me, I always wanted to see a Trek movie based off the Elite Force or Invasion games... But thats just me.
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #25
captaintombs

that would of rocked if that had done an EF or invasion movie something different at least, my only gripe is like someone said they didnt show the titan, personally i wish they would do something new like CGI for adults and use the star trek titan book series for it that would rock
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:22 PM   #26
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Yeah, that was a major let-down. They kept talking about the Titan and we never got to see it. It was TOS all over again. (cargo vessel Antares, Klingon ships before season 3, the Gorn ship, etc...)
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:26 PM   #27
KnightRider

I have read the novelisation befire I was watching the movie so the ending was a bit disappointing for me. I liked the character of the inexperienced first officer and Picard's fun with the new captain's chair.
Old November 21st, 2007, 08:40 PM   #28
bwaomega
Shuttle Pilot

Nemesis was almost certainly the worst of the 'even' movies. Probably not as bad as The Motion(less) Picture (re-watching that one recently, I nearly fell asleep before the opening credits), and certainly not down to the level of Final Frontier (don't ever try to sell me on a director's cut of that one).

As for 11 involving TOS characters, remember that they aren't just aiming for the people who know all of the intricate background to the Trek universe, but also those who just know about Kirk/Spock/McCoy, etc. That said, there is a major landmine in casting, in that if those three roles are not cast perfectly, it will alienate even those willing to overlook inconsistencies in timeline (Not only was Kirk not the original Captain, but McCoy was a slightly later addition as well).
bwaomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #29
Boorsman
Shuttle Pilot

I didn't loke Nemises as much as I did First Contact. By far that is the best of the Next Generation Movies

Now, if we could get a Voyager movie, I'd go see it.
Boorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #30
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Nemesis ending

Yeah, First Contact is the best TNG movie by far.

One thing that always bugs me about Nemesis is the fact that they're fighting a superior vessel and using photon torpedoes. I think they fire 4 quantum torpedoes in that whole climactic battle. That just doesn't make sense at all.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote