Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old September 29th, 2004, 03:42 PM   #1
waltz1982

Default Can psychics really see the past/future?

I'm sure everyone has seen the signs for "$5 Psychic Readings" in their town or while traveling elsewhere. What I wanted to discuss here were your thoughts on using psychics for more than just personal entertainment, more specifically in police and detective work.

There's been documented cases in the past where police haven't been able to solve a crime, at which point they turn to a psychic for help.
What I find the most interesting is when the psychics they hire actually solve the case.

What are your thoughts on this? What about using psychics to help solve some of the current investigations (such as the Peterson or Hacking
trials?)

I'm not an expert myself on the topic, but I've been learning a bit more from a new show on Court TV called Psychic Detectives. It's on Wednesday's at 9:30pm in case you want to watch it too.
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:51 AM   #2
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

I think that these people are very good at detecting details and being able to pull information from things that others overlook.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #3
dfalconet

I agree totally. Some people can read very subtle things that get stored away in their minds. Most times even they may not be aware they are doing this. So even to them, it may appear supernatural forces are at work. They probably have some knack of letting their minds float free with the information they have stored, and come to a more accurate interpretation of what happened than "trained" observers who are taught what the "should" expect.

Bottom line: I don't believe in "Psychics".
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:40 PM   #4
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

What was that famous guys name... Edward Case or something like that?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2004, 05:31 AM   #5
skyhawk223
Flight Instructor

No. Pee Wee Herman.
skyhawk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:29 AM   #6
Kakaze

Edgar Cayce?
Old October 2nd, 2004, 12:15 PM   #7
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

That's the guy, Kakaze. Thanks.
Old November 15th, 2004, 10:03 PM   #8
Merenzine Gold

I believe in psychics, just not the $5 dollar variety. For instance, I've seen to much evidence for remote viewing to discount it as 'not possible'. That's not sayings its a fact but saying it is a fact that it isn't is also a falisy IMHO.
Old November 16th, 2004, 05:16 PM   #9
moovok
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

I'm not sure. I think the people at fairs don't know what they're on about, they take little details, able to pick up things, like Derren Brown, he can pick up things just by your mannerisms, attitude, even the way you talk, and from that he knows what you're like, roughly down to the smallest detail, if he probes you enough.

Tell the future, hmmm....
moovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2004, 01:45 AM   #10
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

My fav psychic observation, and they have to ask to be sure they are on the correct track:

*peering into their chrystal ball, they look up at you* "A woman is your mother, correct?"
Old November 17th, 2004, 02:15 PM   #11
Red_ufo
Shuttle Pilot

Those who speak don’t know, those who know don’t speek.

Simple the ones with the loudest voice are the ones that take the credit, while the quiet ones are the ones who make changes that happen.

It is the same with Psychic’s the world over, most are charlatans and couldn’t see the future, even if it was up in neon….cheers

Current WIP; Alfa Romeo, Miranda Class
Red_ufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 11:46 PM   #12
p.s. Cargile
Master Pilot

I'll say this: The Mind is to Quantum Mechaincs as Electrons are to the Magnetic Field. This is only to show a relationship between Reality and what we Perceive as Reality.
p.s. Cargile is offline   Reply With Quote