Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > General Discussions
Notices
General Discussions Need to talk about anything not covered in the other discussion forums? Pop here! NO FLAMING ALLOWED!

Old October 6th, 2001, 09:41 AM   #1
Admiral_Clow

Default export strangeness

I have been trying to export a Max file to 3DS so that I can use it in Lightwave. Problem is when ever I export one section of the mesh to 3DS I loads in as blank. It's Only oart of the mesh and will not show up even if I export the whole thing, or in sections. Polytrans reports that errors that the points do not have any vertises (sp) Explorer 3D also exports it wrong.
I even downloaded the 3DS model from here http://www.theforce.net/scifi3d/star...t/tatooine.htm
(It's the Mos Eisley Building one) the part of the model that Isn't exporting the building in the back left with the dome)
Can Anyone help? I've tried everything I can think of to export this building to 3DS

Thanks in advance

Old October 6th, 2001, 01:30 PM   #2
SeanP
Master Pilot

Did you make sure that you collapsed every object?
I ran into that once sending a model to Hito.
He tried to import a 3DS file into True Space and it got all screwed up.
Once we collapsed everything it seemed to be fine.
Old October 6th, 2001, 10:46 PM   #3
Admiral_Clow

Yeah I have tried collaspse even though there doesn't appear to be anything in the stack to collaspe.