Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Viewer On!
Notices
Viewer On! Talk about old, new or upcoming movies or TV series in the realm of SciFi or Fantasy.
To discuss Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old May 19th, 2008, 05:21 PM   #1
DrMcQuark
Shuttle Pilot

Default Confessions of an Old Trekker (Or Trekkie)

First off, I'd like to say hello to what looks like a very active forum. I'm the latest newbie and I'm just getting started into CGI art.

Star Trek has probably had the most profound effect on me than nearly anything else in my life. It's formed my views on politics, religion and even relationships.

Okay, now before I scare everyone off; I'm not the kind of fan that goes to jury duty in Starfleet dress uniforms or has "Kirk1701" on their license plate. When I look back at my 40 years as a Trekker (no, I'm not offended by the term Trekkie) the themes that ran through Trek were issues that we still struggle with today. Issues of war and peace, freedom and acceptance and even love are still as relevant as they were then. Would that the rest of the world could learn from these lessons.

I have hope, however, as even kids as young as I was "back then" are becoming fans of Star Trek. With a bit of luck, they can help the rest of us spread the lessons we've learned from the starship Enterprise.

Anyway, didn't mean to ramble on. Let me know what Trek has meant to you. I'd love to read it.
DrMcQuark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:28 PM   #2
trekker106

Default Re: Confessions of an Old Trekker (Or Trekkie)

It's mostly been a wonderful source of entertainment for me. I teach English composition and Creative writing at a local university, and Trek has been a creative outlet. When I get tired of grading papers and essays, I write. I've written hundreds of fan stories and novellas over the years, some of which have won fan awards and been highly praised. For me it's just the enjoyment I get from it - and I'm predominantly classic Trek.
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:45 AM   #3
gmd3d
Admin

Default Re: Confessions of an Old Trekker (Or Trekkie)

I some how missed this thread .. for that I am sorry ..

I post a more detailed post when I get back home as I am in Spain rediscovering the SUN!!
which I have not seen In Ireland for a while..

Anyway I am a Classic TOS fan ..more that the TNG and after.. but I will explain better on my return .

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote