Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT > Reference Requests and Submissions
Notices
Reference Requests and Submissions Building a Spaceship and need ref? Maybe you designed something? Then pop on in here and ask about it or share it!

Old March 31st, 2005, 10:53 AM   #1
tooie32

Default Star Trek Late TNG uniform for Poser

Hi I was wondering is there a uniform that was used in the Dominion war and the Star Trek movies like First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis for Poser?

If so is there one for both M3 and V3 or lower version?

If not can somone make one please I have been looking for that type of unifrom for a while and so far I havn't found one.

Tooie
Old June 3rd, 2005, 05:33 AM   #2
species_5618

Default hmm

sorry, god no idea, but i use to had nexgeneration suits. I know for shure that those are avalibe..some where

greets species 5618
Old June 3rd, 2005, 12:22 PM   #3
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Downloads section of the site. Characters category.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2005, 09:35 PM   #4
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemrie
You guys are great!
We know.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 05:06 AM   #5
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
Downloads section of the site. Characters category.
HI.

Could anyone also explain how to download things from this site? the download button under any object doesn't work for me

thx
Old July 3rd, 2005, 08:07 AM   #6
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Did you read the message on the Category, or just click accept without reading it?
Old July 3rd, 2005, 04:14 PM   #7
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
Did you read the message on the Category, or just click accept without reading it?
hehe, good argument i missed that with 5 forum posting

So, i suppose i have to post something. So that it won't be count as flood i'll just post some of my work here, if no one minds

Old July 3rd, 2005, 05:35 PM   #8
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Of course we don't mind... This *is* an art site after all
Old July 4th, 2005, 05:07 AM   #9
Trek

I will be releaseing a improved version of the one below at the beginning of next month, when my fan fic relaunches. Unfortunaly, it's made for the poser 4 turtle neck, but I'm looking at ways to tranlate it to other figures.

(I keep posting this image - there will be new ones coming I promise :-) )
Old July 4th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #10
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek
I will be releaseing a improved version of the one below at the beginning of next month, when my fan fic relaunches. Unfortunaly, it's made for the poser 4 turtle neck, but I'm looking at ways to tranlate it to other figures.

(I keep posting this image - there will be new ones coming I promise :-) )

Oh, that would be sooo great, if you could make those uniforms for some Vicky 3 Clothing.

Please, please, please, do it
Old July 6th, 2005, 11:15 PM   #11
Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0stya
Oh, that would be sooo great, if you could make those uniforms for some Vicky 3 Clothing.

Please, please, please, do it
Unfortunatly it only really fits the P4 turtlr neck. The good news is that there is a plugin that allows you to fit any piece of clothing to any figure. I've tried the Demo and it works quite well. http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm
Old July 30th, 2005, 12:10 AM   #12
Devil103

blah, too bad it's only a demo
Old July 30th, 2005, 12:51 AM   #13
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

What's only a demo?

Did you get what you wanted after doing your 5 posts?
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:58 PM   #14
General Phoenix
3DG Administrator Emeritus

See what I mean? For every KOstya, who actually sticks around and contributes, there's five guys who just post the minimum and start downloading...

But as long as we get a few good artists out of the deal, I can live with that.
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:54 PM   #15
AVAI

Hey the download buttons are semi-trnaslucent and won't work for me, either. I've got more than 5 posts and I'm still logged in cuz I keep posting... What's up with this? I downloaded a few things earlier today...
Old August 2nd, 2005, 02:51 AM   #16
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

...hmmm Log out then in to clear your cookies.
Old August 6th, 2005, 01:51 PM   #17
Devil103

I'm sure there's a working version somewhere out there (I meant the fit clothing plugin), it's a big internet lol.

Bah, so far I've had little luck Poser, I can get the P4 turtleneck uniform on, but then those rank pips oy
Old August 6th, 2005, 05:45 PM   #18
AVAI

I can't get the P4 turtleneck uniform to work...how EXACTLY do u do it?
Old August 7th, 2005, 02:52 AM   #19
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Phoenix
See what I mean? For every KOstya, who actually sticks around and contributes, there's five guys who just post the minimum and start downloading...

But as long as we get a few good artists out of the deal, I can live with that.
*grin*

here you go for such kind words

P.S.: Damn I need M3 and V3 Uniforms
P.P.S: i can't really get those turtleneck thingies to work, i event tried to texture some turtleneck for V3 but i actually failed - i have zero experience with texturing
Old August 7th, 2005, 03:04 AM   #20
Devil103

Well I start by getting the P4 guy in, put on the P4 conforming clothing peice 'male turtleneck', conform it (duh) and then you select the male turtleneck, go to the materials tab and you choose the uniform texture, once for the body, then you select the neck of the turleneck and apply the same texture there for the collar (you can you use the standard P4 conforming jeans as pants and just make them black) and voila you've got a standard bald, P4 male in a Star Trek uniform

Then the rank pips, oy, and getting a decent other picture in, double oy

PS: I'm using the DS9s
Old August 7th, 2005, 06:31 AM   #21
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil103
Well I start by getting the P4 guy in, put on the P4 conforming clothing peice 'male turtleneck', conform it (duh) and then you select the male turtleneck, go to the materials tab and you choose the uniform texture, once for the body, then you select the neck of the turleneck and apply the same texture there for the collar (you can you use the standard P4 conforming jeans as pants and just make them black) and voila you've got a standard bald, P4 male in a Star Trek uniform

Then the rank pips, oy, and getting a decent other picture in, double oy

PS: I'm using the DS9s
yeah, ok, it works, but only with this scary p4 guy, that doesn't bring anything alas.

I know now, that there is a fantastic looking M3,V3, Apollo and others suiting uniform. But it is at poserworld, where you have to have a subscription to get smth. If anybody here has one, perhaps he/she could get this uniform for us? it is "galactic commander" by some guy, called Steve smth.

*sigh*
Old August 8th, 2005, 01:03 AM   #22
AUDACIOUS

lol.. I have the same results.
Old August 8th, 2005, 05:21 AM   #23
Devil103

*double sigh* All I ever wanted to do was make Star Trek avatars lol. And after that try a little things more complex, but first avatars anyone got any tips for me on that? I read the 'famous' Poser 4 tutorial but without the proper uniform, rank pips etc you're nowhere.

I can create avatars with PSP but it seems much more practical with Poser.
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:58 AM   #24
K0stya

Quote:
*double sigh* All I ever wanted to do was make Star Trek avatars lol. And after that try a little things more complex, but first avatars anyone got any tips for me on that? I read the 'famous' Poser 4 tutorial but without the proper uniform, rank pips etc you're nowhere.

I can create avatars with PSP but it seems much more practical with Poser.
so, i want to make some things straight

there IS a good uniform out there.

it is at poserworld, where you have to make an at least month subscription for 20bucks per month i can't afford it - poor student
Old August 8th, 2005, 08:57 AM   #25
Devil103

lol, same here, we could always convince a current member to ftp the uniforms or create some ourselves, if we knew how.

Wouldn't it be possible to make uniform textures based on the different Star Trek Games? And after a nice texture make a conforming piece of clothing for any poser character?

I can do the textures but to make a piece conform perfectly to any character?

Any thoughts?
Old August 8th, 2005, 01:26 PM   #26
K0stya

Quote:
lol, same here, we could always convince a current member to ftp the uniforms or create some ourselves, if we knew how.

Wouldn't it be possible to make uniform textures based on the different Star Trek Games? And after a nice texture make a conforming piece of clothing for any poser character?

I can do the textures but to make a piece conform perfectly to any character?

Any thoughts?
- i am working on a texture for Uzilites Tortoise III, but when and if it will be ready *sigh*

i am not that good at texturing things
Old August 8th, 2005, 01:47 PM   #27
AUDACIOUS

If it weren't for the collar that would look pretty dang decent..
And that reminds me.. anybody know where I can get a mesh of a person in a turtle neck so I can skin it into a starfleet uniform?

Last edited by AUDACIOUS; August 8th, 2005 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: typo
Old August 8th, 2005, 02:09 PM   #28
AVAI

No thoughts from me, but keep going with this thread. I find this very interesting...
Old August 8th, 2005, 02:52 PM   #29
K0stya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDACIOUS
If it weren't for the collar that would look pretty dang decent..
And that reminds me.. anybody know where I can get a mesh of a person in a turtle neck so I can skin it into a starfleet uniform?

the collar is not textured yet, it's a naked mesh, i'll be working on it
Old August 8th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #30
AUDACIOUS

Okay. Uhm. know where I can get my hands on a model to do the same? **smiles**