PDA

View Full Version : mp3 tags

p.s. Cargile
November 16th, 2001, 09:46 PM
I've had trouble downloading mp3s that I've uploaded to my website. The mp3 would be my own material. I was wondering if anyone knew the proper tags to either play them on the site, or downloading?

Vastator
December 15th, 2001, 07:15 AM
To play mp3s on a website, I do believe its just a standard EMBED tag, all hidden (if you dont want the users to see it)..

To download? Just download it like usual.. ;) I've never had any probs downloading my mp3s of my site... No one else has either...

Who are you using to host your files? ((I'm not sure, but I think geocities and the like does something to those... I'll have to look up on that. :) ))

Sorry for the late reply.

General Phoenix
December 16th, 2001, 01:21 AM
I have to tell you - I HATE the EMBED tag - I can't stand clicking over to a site, and suddenly there's loud MIDI music blaring from my speakers... :)

I'm assuming that your MP3 player program is set to stream MP3?
That's the only problem I can think of...

Vastator
December 16th, 2001, 12:24 PM
I hate it too, GP, I hate it too.... :)

Which is why my new website is all Flash, I'll put in several different mp3s, and give the users the choice of playing them or not. :)

Back to the topic- I agree about the streaming thing... Hadn't even occured to me. :)

p.s. Cargile
January 2nd, 2002, 06:57 PM
The thing is that I'm recording my own songs and I wanted to put them on my tripod site so that I could direct my friends there so that they could download them. I had no trouble ftping the mp3s to the site, but I had trouble downloading from the html page that had the files linked. In such, for those that have replied and your mp3s work successfully on your site, then all I would like are the correct html tags to use.

Isoeph
January 2nd, 2002, 07:23 PM
I think Tripod most likely has a filter to block outgoing MP3s....most of the free providers do...

in anycase to do a proper download link all you have to do is this:
<a href="http://www.yoursite.com/music/thefile.mp3">CLICK ME TO DOWNLOAD</a>
that will get you a link that looks like this:
CLICK ME TO DOWNLOAD (http://www.yoursite.com/music/thefile.mp3)

p.s. Cargile
January 4th, 2002, 09:30 PM
thanks.

seems like it's my shitty tripod account.

General Phoenix
January 5th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Try this:

www.vitalcircuits.com

Shameless plug, I know, but the prices are low and you're free to do whatever you want with it.