PDA

View Full Version : Cauldron Universe

p.s. Cargile
December 18th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Some of you may already be familar with this.

I have two stories I'm working on, the first and the sequel.

Cauldron Universe (http://cargile.tripod.com/cauldron/cauldronindex.html)

These stories take place far in the future. This gives me room to play with a lot advanced technolgy such as fabricating biological beings, including humans, copying the mind, controlling ships with mind reading devices and other cool stuff.

Breeze over it and bookmark for later explorartion.

Thomas P
December 19th, 2001, 06:30 AM
I remember some of the drawings and basic story embedded in your old homestead site. I don't recall reading as muchs as is there now (maybe I was just looking at the pretty pictures :D ).

Very cool story outline.

Proximo
December 19th, 2001, 06:36 AM
Hey I remember this. The big discussion over FTL travel was interesting. :)

p.s. Cargile
December 27th, 2001, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I try to come up with new stuff or different twists to older unexplained drives. I had another idea after reading about superstrings that involves sending all the individual strings that make up the matter and energy of the ship through wormholes that are around the Planck scale. This is opposite the idea of sending a ship through a single macro-sized wormhole. Instead the ship is sent through and equal amount of incredibly small wormholes for each particle or force.

Proximo
December 27th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Yikes... that would be an interesting effect... :)

chrono
December 28th, 2001, 09:23 AM
It'd be hell to animate too!

p.s. Cargile
December 30th, 2001, 10:30 PM
or very easy to animate. Nothing much to be seen at the microscopic level anyway.

Would it fade away, or vanish?

Proximo
December 31st, 2001, 04:25 AM
I think it might seem to disappear through an invisible plane in space, which might potentially look interesting when viewed from the other side of the plane, as you might see the entire ship in cross-section all the way through. Sort of like that virtual man thing...

p.s. Cargile
December 31st, 2001, 12:24 PM
if the wormholes propagate through the ship from a single source plan, yeah, I can understand that effect. But if the wormholes are all created in and about the ship simultaneously, I think it would vanish.

Proximo
January 1st, 2002, 05:03 AM
Which would be more visually interesting though? ;)

I wodner what the power requirements for making a multiplicity of wormholes would be, and how do you guarantee them all arriving int he same place?