PDA

View Full Version : Starfleet museum

skyhawk223
December 19th, 2001, 06:42 AM
Are there any of the Starfleet ships in the museum that have not yet been modelled? Seems Fabio has done all of them. I am thinking of making my own in order to pit one against my Klingon ship (D3).

Thomas P
December 19th, 2001, 08:01 AM
To my knowledge, no. I have seen all of them done is some fashion by various folks. But... what's stopping you from picking one? I've done ships that Fabio has done as well as Meshula. Go for it!

skyhawk223
December 19th, 2001, 08:42 AM
I think I will go ahead and pick one like you said. At least there will be a version in trueSpace.

Darrell Lawrence
December 19th, 2001, 10:50 AM
tS imports LW, right?

skyhawk223
December 19th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Not sure. I think it imports .3ds files but not .lwo. I will have to check.

I decided to construct the Pioneer class. Looked easy enough. See WIP section.

Darrell Lawrence
December 19th, 2001, 11:02 AM
CmdrSolar and SeanR both have told me tS imports LW.

If that's true, simply import one of Fabs meshes :)

Masao
December 19th, 2001, 03:48 PM
Two derivatives of the Valley Forge class (the big cruiser preceding Constitution), the Belleau Wood class and the Siegfried class have not yet appeared as fully rendered models. Also, the movie-era Furious class hasn't been finished.

The ship you've been building I've actually redesignated the D2. it was introduced in 2162, so probably was no longer in service at the time of first contact in 2218 (Not first contact according to Enterprise, of course). You could send it against Romulan ships, which would have included Cabbages and Clavicles from the war and Cataracts, introduced in 2175, and Crackers, introduced in 2201.

By lengthening the neck and forward part of the secondary hull a total of 20 m, you have the D3, which is identical except for the lengthening. It was introduced in 2183, but might have served until first contact in 2218. Fed ships in serrvice at that tie would have included the Moskva, Lancaster, and Hyperion classes. You could also send it against Romulan ships.

As always, I hope to see some fighting between ships of different powers. I actually derive power from hate! BWAHAHAHAHA!

skyhawk223
December 20th, 2001, 05:18 AM
I would like to get some fighting scenes, but first need to figure out how to model weapons fire and motion blurs. Never done that before.