PDA

View Full Version : Colonization fleet

skyhawk223
January 25th, 2002, 05:29 AM
A little something I whipped up yesterday. Took my work computer 5 hours to render!
A fleet of Starmaster class ships heads towards a slightly forboding planet with the intent of establishing a base of sorts.

http://hometown.aol.com/~skyhawk223/colonization_fleet.jpg

Masao
January 27th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Hey! Where's the pic?

skyhawk223
January 28th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Is it not showing up? I can see it on my machine. Perhaps it is an AOL problem.

thomas7g
January 28th, 2002, 11:42 AM
I can SEE!!! I CAN SEE!

I like!

But the planet don't look so bad. Its that region of space that I would avoid!;)

Thomas P
January 28th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Maybe it's gonna be terraformed :D Maybe it will get traded to the Shellyack (?).

Masao
January 28th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Maybe all the colonists are looking out the window and saying, "What the f*ck?!?!"

OK. I can see the pic now. That region of space does look pretty nasty. For the picture, I suggest maybe backing off a bit on the grey clouds. They make the ships harder to see. Also, for the sake of visual interest, light the planet from an angle rather than from straight from the front. The fully lighted disc is not so interesting, I think.

skyhawk223
January 29th, 2002, 05:42 AM
I agree with your assessment, Masao, now that I look closer at it.

The background would be different if I could get that feature to work on tS. For some reason, I can no longer post an image to the background.

Just to point out a flow that I see; on the left side of the planet, you can see that it is being illuminated by one of the lights on the left starmaster. Pretty powerful spotlight, huh... :)

Thomas P
January 29th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Pretty powerful spotlight

Like a billion lumins! I forget how TS works with such things and sympathize. But I continue to be amazed at the stuff you can accomplish in that program - I tried it (I know, I know - you have heard this a hundred times) but could never do anything in it that looked good.

thomas7g
January 30th, 2002, 01:21 AM
Well... if there was life on that part of the planet...they blind now! Makes finding food soo much harder than the day before.:D

Hmmm.... What an embarassing way to suffer an Extinction Level Event, genocide by flashlite!:devil:

skyhawk223
January 30th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Thomas P, you are too kind. Perhaps if I upgraded to 3DS I would be able to create scenes more towards your level.