PDA

View Full Version : USS Relativity, Wells Class Request

Merenzine Gold
March 10th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Ed Giddings made a mesh of what is known as the USS Relativity. I am hoping to see if anyone would be interested in designing a new fan based starship based on the principles of that design. Other than that the artist would have free reign of course. Except for a few minor details that I would request. That being 2 7.2 meter high bay doors for small crafts to fly out of.

The reason for the design is because of the engine specs that I am working up for the vessel. I am using a propulsion system backed by Zero-Point Field. Now that I have read a few forums it may seem that I am jumping on the bandwagon but that couldn't be more false. I am intensly interested in the field in RL and I have asked H.E. Puthoff Ph.D himself for clarification on some things. However I do not mean to make it seem as if I am an expert because I am not. But I do maintain I have had an interest in this particular field for a while now. :)

This propulsion system means that there is no reason for the traditional
warp nacelles. Though I wish this to be used in a Star Trek sim so I still would wish for it to have a Star Trek feel to the vessel.

So to restate what I am requesting: I am looking for a 3D artist who is interested in working on designing a new fan based starship. Someone who has some skill and more importantly the interest/time to make it look good. Of course I don't think miracles happen over night and neither will this be accomplished in such a short time frame.

Marius, has said that she would be willing to work on creating the enterior of the starship. Though she said that she was very busy and wouldn't be able to spend a lot of time on it. This is why I don't really expect her to spend even more time designing the starship itself. I myself am moderately good at Photoshop and I would be more than willing to offer whatever help I could. Though I want to make it clear that I don't wish to control the development of the starship. The 3D artist who did it would have free reign in its design other than the things I have already mentioned about the concept behind it.

So is anyone by happen chance interested? I hope this is the right forum to ask this in. If I am in error then I apologize for my own misjudgement.

Marius
March 19th, 2002, 12:34 AM
:tos: Well, Don't expect to much from this people. i mean they have there hands full with there own projects. so they may not have time to help you. however I'm working on your model as you requested but as i said before it takes time specially now that I'm back at school again.
i could send you a basic drawing if you want not much to look at but it will give you a general idea of the design I'm planning to use! I'm also going to send you a email explaning it all a little closer! so for now take care! and cya later! :tos:

forever you're friend; Marius Andreas Sandmo A.K.A. Sir Spirit
Grand Master of Animation and Charecter Design! God of MS Paint!

Merenzine Gold
March 19th, 2002, 01:43 AM
ah, sorry I was under the impression that it wasn't being worked on yet. I don't really mind waiting, I just like to know of things were being worked on or not. Hell, I've already waited a year on another project of mine for something completely different. So that isn't really a problem. I was just unsure if you had the time to get to it besides saying 'sometime in the future'. :) In which case I don't need anybody for this project. Thank you for those who have read this and honestly considered helping me though.

Perhaps sometime in the future Marius will have something to show you all. :)