PDA

View Full Version : Building Deckplans for the K-7

AslanC
May 19th, 2002, 12:44 PM
I am very interested in doing this and I am wondering if anyone has any input on what programs to use.

I have Photoshop 6

CorelDRAW for OS-X and Illustrator as well for OS-X.

I am more framilier with Coreldraw than Illustrator, but I find this version is very, very buggy.

Any input or ideas gang?

thomas7g
May 19th, 2002, 03:21 PM
why don't you use this as the oportunity to learn illustrator? For the most part you will only be using the basic features repeatedly. :)

Illustrator is absolutely great once you learn it well. Plus it will allow you to add it to your resume. :D

AslanC
May 19th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Interesting idea there. I would have to go and pick up the equiv of "Illustrator for Goons" but maybe.

I normally use Corel since I have been using it since v2 and am very comfortable with it. But lately it has just started to suck a whole lot.

The one advantage is the clipart I still have on my Corel 4 cds. Lots of architectural stuff which would work for this.

But Illustrator seems not to have that :(

thomas7g
May 19th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Illustrator is great at importing art. But manipulating bitmap art is done in photoshop. They only problems would be in importing corel-only formats.

I for one like to import bitmap art and have it on a separate layer. This way I can make the layer invisible to get that added little boost in display speed. :)

AslanC
May 19th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Hmmm...yeah I was referring to Coredraw CDR formats...But I could export them as either EPS or JPG and then use them in Illustrator.

Hmmmmmm...

Can you point me in the direction of a good Illustrator book?

Vastator
May 19th, 2002, 06:24 PM
I prefer the Bible series of books.. The Illustrator 8 and 9 Bibles I have really helped me out.. Just never, ever get a quickstart guide... :)

--Arkon