PDA

View Full Version : Huffin and Puffin

Thomas P
June 26th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Ha....HA!

Another project. Man, don't I ever finish anything? (Well, I guess it is because I don't like the critiques). Anyways, does not hold up well against Masao's original design or Fabio's original. I really need to figure splines out and this is just a series of FFD modifiers applied to a series of spheres.

My consolation is that it will be a minor player in a bigger project so it will be more 'stand-off' and likely won't be scrutinized. Of course, if I never finish anything or post it who will care? :D

http://www.concept40.com/galleries/sciartpost/10182001/puffin01.jpg

http://www.concept40.com/galleries/sciartpost/10182001/puffin02.jpg

thomas7g
June 26th, 2002, 02:25 PM
It reminds me of Flash Gordon :D

skyhawk223
June 27th, 2002, 05:42 AM
I will care. You do good stuff and it would be a shame not to display it. Besides, it inspires me to do better to match you quality.

By the way, what's going on with the public site? Is it dead? Can we get some new images up there? I have a few more ships I would like to see on the site, as do you.
USS Renegade, DY 500, Dy 1200 to name a few.

Thomas P
June 27th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Well, it's like this and I be open and honest (toyed with sending you a PM).

I've let Darrel and youz guys down cuz I am way to busy. I get about 4 hours a week to myself and spend half of it catching up on stuff - I simply don't have any energy to do this. I only visit the board as often as I do because I can cheat it in at work.

I have been looking to see what was going to happen with the site over all and I just don't see much changing as everyone else is as busy if not busier than me. AND, the reality is that it is just you and me buddy (based on the recent activity) and thomas7G.

But you are right, why are there not updates? Well, I figure we should just start but I need a couple of weeks to catch my breath and get organized.

You know - I should have PM'd you - I've deleted about 70% of this response cuz it would just piss people off.

:(

Masao
June 27th, 2002, 05:10 PM
Thomas, I don't think you need to blame yourself for anything. We're all busy and can't devote much time to hobbies. Personally, I haven't done any drawing in weeks. What little free time I have is spent catching up on Museum articles (including this damned fighter article I can't seem to get a handle on).

Although we had a thread a few months ago about what to do with the public site, nothing's been done. And, you know, that doesn't really bother me. The reason I come to this form is to see work by other dedicated TOS fans. Whether we show that work publically is not my highest priority, but is probably necessary to keep some members interested.

BTW: The Puffin looks good. Don't be afraid to post everything you do.

Ashrak
July 24th, 2002, 04:39 AM
We are all busy my friend....I havent done anything in months due to personal issues with my family for the last two years thats draining me mentally....and I am with a gaming group trying to put out a demo level of our game so I can finally put my degree in computer animation to use and stop working for a particular commercial airplane company and stop getting laid off by them...anyways I vist the forums fairly often...just hide in the background and see what people are working on.....

Thomas P
July 24th, 2002, 05:38 AM
Howdy Ho! Saw you posting around :)

Masao
July 24th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Don't hide in the background! If you visit, you might as well make nitpicky comments about microscopic faults in Thomas's work. He won't mind! :)

Ashrak
July 24th, 2002, 11:53 PM
oh well in that case..i have a prob with .....:D :D

Thomas P
July 25th, 2002, 05:21 AM
:rolleyes:

skyhawk223
July 25th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Enough talk. Updated images? I feed off of this stuff. I need more.

Thomas P
July 25th, 2002, 06:26 AM
See Mercury post.