PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish and Puffins

skyhawk223
August 15th, 2002, 10:04 AM
I was able to convert the Puffins, but they are not painted. There were some stripes and numbers that got lost in the transfer.
http://hometown.aol.com/~skyhawk223/sword_puffin.jpg

Thomas P
August 15th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Most excellent job sir! As I had said - I am in awe!

Masao
August 15th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Ooh ooh! I wanna see! All I'm getting is the red X of death.

skyhawk223
August 16th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Seems that AOL's server has been a little slow. Are you able to see it now?

Masao
August 16th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Woah! Very cool! I"ve always wanted to see fighters flying off a Starfleet carrier. Are you going to detail a launch bay? (Probably nothing complex, unlike the inside of a Yorktown. Just walls and stuff, I suspect.)

When the new article is up this weekend, you can see a page of nose art for Puffin (I'm at home right now and can't send them). Mostly mods of 60s and 70s USN squadron markings. But those are just a few suggestions. Please indulge yourself!

skyhawk223
August 19th, 2002, 05:42 AM
I might do an interior, but have never tried before. I will have to look at some other interiors. I was trying to add an interior to the Renegade last week. Come out ok, but I always get this sort of "writers" block when trying to do something creative without a drawing in front of me.

Masao
August 19th, 2002, 05:46 PM
I remember reading about the relationship between professional starship designers (like Sternbach, Jaeger, and Drexler) and (physical) model makers. Supposedly the designers don't microdesign all surfaces of the ship because they wanted to allow the model makers to use their creativity rather than simply following instructions mechanically. In my case, I don't microdesign because I'm not good at it and I'm lazy. But the effect is the same: you have the opportunity or responsibility to fill in what's not drawn. So, it's either a blessing or a burden. Take your pick.

As I said, I think the flight deck of a Swordfish is probably fairly simple. Look at modern carriers or the drop bay of something like the Star Destroyer from Star Wars. Basically walls and ribs.

skyhawk223
August 20th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Walls and ribs! That's it! That's what my work on the interior of the Renegade is missing. Sometimes all it takes is a word or sentence to get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks Masao. I will work on a shuttlebay when I get the time.