PDA

View Full Version : Going far, far away...

skyhawk223
September 20th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Greetings fellow gladiators. What's new?
Some news, probably of more interest to Thomas. I ordered evaluation copies of both LW and 3DS Max with the overall goal of purchasing one of them next year sometime. Thomas, did compare the two before going with 3DS Max? I would be interested in your thoughts.

Also, I am going to Greece for the next two weeks, so I won't be posting. Try to keep the place together while I am out :)

Thomas P
September 20th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Well, first have fun in Greece, I hear it is fabulous.

Yes, I have both LW and MAX. I started early off with a few CAD packages and then with 3D Studio R3. I have had R4, Max 2, 2.5, and now 4.

I personally think that LW can produce stunning pics that can be better than MAX but the interface is difficult. This is due to my ease at using CAD and the MAX layout is so much like CAD (where it came from). MAX 5 is probably going to be the pacakge you look at, I here and have read the MAX 5 will be the package of choice for folks. It will have some cool extra features that make it very powerful.

It will be more expensive than LW.

Masao
September 20th, 2002, 10:45 PM
Hey! There's life here! Organic life!

Have a nice time in Greece!

skyhawk223
October 7th, 2002, 08:04 AM
I'm back.

I got the demo discs of both LW and Max right before I left, but have not had time to play with them yet.

Just got an email from LW with an offer of $1000 for the full app. Max is around $2500 and up from what I have seen. We shall see what my budget allows next year.

Thomas P
October 13th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Welcome - how was the trip?

skyhawk223
October 14th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Not bad, although by the end of the first week we were tired of Greek food. Very relaxing.